Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy folks! hope the day is going well...

here's my question:

this weekend i am going to start the peel 'n seal project for dampening. adding amps and such will come later, but while everything is pulled up, what wires should i lay down?

i presume a 8-4 gauge for the (+)

what else though?
a remote cable? (what gauge?)

i was going to stick with the bose head unit for the time being, so i was just going to use those cables for the signal. (plus i could just splice 'em later if i get a head unit, no?)

i am preemptively planning on having a 4 chann amp with no sub (i need my trunk!) and was considering the Blaupunkt PA4100....

anyone have any suggestions as to groundwork cables/amps to use?

your experienced opinions are of great help to this novice... =D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if u' r gonna do a new head unit, u'r better off getting the signal from the HU itself rather than tapping into the speaker wires. if you have the money, i would run 2 pairs of patch cables to the front so you can use them later with u'r new HU. also, if u'r gonna run new speaker wires, i'd do that too. i wouldn't use the stock speaker wires becuase those are connected to the stock amp and u'r probably get rid of that when you get u'r new HU.
-j

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also....

also, are the wires heading from the HU->boseamp low or hi voltage? could they conceivably be used to plug into an amp as low voltage?

thnks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts