Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is getting really annoying. Every 3 days I've had to fill up my clutch fluid resovoir because I have a leak somewhere. I replaced my radiator a couple months back and I know there are two connections that go into the radiator, I'm thinking this is for clutch fluid? I tightened up those lines real good and there is still a leak somewhere. I also tightened up the line that goes from the clutch resovoir thinking it was loose cause the factory clamp was falling off, still no go...

I had the master/slave cylinder replaced about 25k miles ago, same with the clutch. All the seals were replaced. I think the only thing that wasn't replaced was the lines.

Do slave/master cylinders go bad that often? I do drive my car pretty hard, I mean, who doesn't? It's a Legend :D

Any further help would be appreciated. I don't want to tear up anything just yet until I get some better ideas.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Legendary91L,

"I know there are two connections that go into the radiator, I'm thinking this is for clutch fluid?"

I believe your vehicle is a manual, right?

The only connections I believe you could be refering to on your radiator would be for the "automatic trans fluid" that runs through the trans fluid cooler which is built into the bottom of the radiator for the auto trans vehicles.

OR - you could be thinking about the AC lines that run through the AC cooler which is located in from the the radiator. They may look like the same unit but they are actually two different units.

ANYWAYS....

Your clutch fluid (in the reservior) does not travel anywhere near the radiator. The fluid in your clutch reservior drops down into your Clutch master cylinder. I know you said you had the Master Cylinder and clutch were replaced, but the clutch has a master cylinder also, which could be leaking through the seals, or the fluid could be leaking through the bleeder bolt (which could need tightening or replacement - very inexpensive) or on of the lines that the clutch fluild travels through could be leaking.

KNLNGUS

If you find that you need a clutch master cylinder, do some research - find the cheapest price - and I will sell you a Beck / Arnley cheaper. I won't charge you a core charge or tax.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I do have a manual. I still want to find out what the two hoses are for that go into the radiator. It seeps some clear liquid, but it's not heavy liquid, it's watery and very light orange in color. Any ideas?

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, the clutch master/slave cylinder was replaced along with all the seals about 25k miles ago with the clutch. I was also thinking about the bleeder screw and I think I'll find a day to look under there and see. I don't notice anything under my garage floor, so it seems like it only leaks while I am driving.

Thanks for the info. Let me know if you can think of anything else.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Legendary91L, I still say that the fuild that is seeping from the radiator is actually the oil charge in your AC system that is coming from your "AC CONDENSOR" not your radiator. Man, I'm telling ya, I've seen a couple radiators in my time - as you have as well, and our manual trans radiators house only radiator coolant - the auto trans radiators flow coolant and auto trans fluid - now the Condensor which is in front of the radiator could be leaking. Check into that area.

I do have news for you too.. If the bleeder bolt in your clutch fluid system (under the car and located on the driver side of the trans case) is leaking then you stand a good chance not to see any fluid leak on the car port or garage because right below this bleeder is your header pipe. This area gets very hot and if it leaked onto the surrounding area - then the fluid would dry up or burn off (loosely spoken).

Good luck with finding that leak.

KNLNGUS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.