Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whassup folks. I have a major problem with my sunroof. It leaks really bad. It is especially bad after it rains and all the water sit around inside it. If I so much as hit the brakes, I will drench the front seats, and all therein. It gets worse in the corners, where a not so sharp turn will make water flow from the headliner and even come out of the front onto the windshield. My question is, whether or not it is better to go ahead and seal it off so that it cannot open, or to try and get it fixed. Please keep in mind that I am on a limited budget. I just bought a cheapo 93 saturn for $200 just so I can put the legend up and get it back into tiptop condition.Thanks in advance, Blackheart.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
yea, i had the same problem and cleaned my drains and the problem is gone! the ones in the rear are really easy to clean ... and dont really require compressed air, the fronts do.

· Registered
234 Posts
lol i had the same problem. not funny when you leave your car wet! on a sunny day but just clean out the front drains not so much the rear ones. Usually some crud gets in them and blocks them.

· Banned
1,340 Posts
clean both the front and rear drains with music wire(or some sort of wire that will work) then blow out the front ones and take the nipple off the rear ones and clean out the lower portion of the drain tube remembering to replace the nipple when done then flush the tubes with hot water and watch the fronts drain behind the front wheels and the rears drain behind the doors at the beginning of the rear quarter panel.

· Registered
11 Posts
Water leak too!

I have a 4 door LS and I have a bad water leak but mine is behind the dash on the right side (Glove compartment)! I beleive it comes from outside corner plate where the wipers are, somehow water flows to the side of that plate (towards the fender) and into the car. I do not know how to stop the water from coming in! Do you all have any ideas???? Help! :confused:

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
Well I have G2 sedan and I had to removed the blower motor and seal a crack found in the original seal also from the top where the water fun down from the window check to see of there is any rust under the windshield. Some clips are corroded and water leaks under them check those out (right side its cooled the ac umbrella it cover the vent for the blower motor) that fixed my problem hope it works for you.

· Registered
20 Posts
I cleaned the first with a long arse wires, i don't think compressed air will do anything to all the gunk in there, it's couple inches of solid gunk.

be patient and jam your wires in, i pulled out the moon roof visor since it's trapping water whenever it rains and the seal around the grass is leaky

· Mo*or Mo**h
1,730 Posts
Alberto,
You sure you don't have a heater hose or heater core problem?
It's right there behind the glove box and would leak water if bad.

Are you having to top off your radiator water level frequently?

· Registered
11 Posts
I bought clear silicon and put some on winshield bottom rubber seal, and on the clips on the winshield wiper cover plates. This did slow the water coming in. I still have to clean the sunroof drains. WIll keep you all inform. Thanks for your replies

· Registered
304 Posts
is there a DIY on this?

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Make sure the sunroof is all the way back. Then at the corner, you should be able to see it. If you can't see it, I'll get a pic of it later if you like.

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
I'd take that back, that hole is all the way in the back. The only way to get to that hole is to use a coat hanger and run it through where the water come out from the rear mudflap area.

· Registered
2 Posts
Acura sunroof leak

If you paid to have sunroof drain unclogged or have water damage you can make a claim by emailing me or calling 1-800-279-6996. Settled an identical case with Audi where all customers got 100% of repair costs back and free water damage repairs. Expect same result in the case we're bringing for Acura, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus customers. Jos. Santoli, Esq.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.