Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some contact with a 93/4 SE owner that says that his trans is leaking. I keep asking him if the fluid is red or other. He says that it is ATF. I don't think that it is the pan, but I just wanted any of you officianados opinion or past history with the car. My ATF has no leakage issues and it has much higher mileage. I just need to know if any one has ideas. Throw them up and I will check with the guys at the dealership since they saw it last. Thanks for your replies in advance!

· Premium Member
9,642 Posts
You have to find out where it's leaking at. I've seen front pump seals leak, and if it is a front pump seal, you'll see a leak between the back of the engine, and the front of the transmission. The transmission pan gasket could have cracked, and it could be leaking there.

Can you get under there and take a picture? If you can't pinpoint the leak, take some "Brake Clean" and spray the transmission down, and then drive it again to find the leak.

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Mike Diaz said:
You have to find out where it's leaking at. I've seen front pump seals leak, and if it is a front pump seal, you'll see a leak between the back of the engine, and the front of the transmission. The transmission pan gasket could have cracked, and it could be leaking there.

Can you get under there and take a picture? If you can't pinpoint the leak, take some "Brake Clean" and spray the transmission down, and then drive it again to find the leak.
I realize that I have not looked at the trans or even seen the trans in this car. I will try to find out more, but for now I just wanted to know if anyone has seen any of the seals go bad or torque converter crap out on anyone. I know that the leak is not severe, but annoying. Regneffit certainly has bigger problems than what I am experiencing with this one, but thanks. I will try to identify if I get a chance to locate.

Thanks Again!

· Registered
24 Posts
I have some issues with the torque converter. As I posted in another thread, I feel my engine holds back when I quickly release the gas padel after acceleration (sometimes, even mild accelerations). (auto tranny at "D"; around 35 mph, it's supposed to be at the 4th gear)
First, I thought it was the brakes, but the feeling was gone after I put the tranny to neutral right after acceleration. I think it's got to be the torque converter that's supposed to release quickly. However, in my case, it releases too slowly. My questions are:

1) are those the signs that my torque converter is failing and will fail completely in the near future?

2) Can the problem be related to the bad tranny mounts? I know I have bad rear mount. Two front ones are very loose too.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.