Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question to anyone who bought the Leather Interior Kit, how difficult was the install if you did it yourself? Did they include instructions? What was required? Was it just hard labor or was it really a pain in the a$$? I'm on the verge of buying one myself but I was just wondering what I was getting myself into.

Anyone have the kit installed for them? How much were you charged?? And where did you get it done? Any recommendation or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
I installed mine by myself. It was pain in the ass. It's not that easy, but not that hard, just need patience and a lot of time. I did mine in about 10-12 hours. I still need to do some more stitching for the leather attachment and the seat heater elements.

What you need is just plenty of hogrings and hogrings pliers. You also might need basic tools (screwdriver, socket driver, needle nose pliers, etc) to disassemble the front seats.

If you want someone to do it, they might charge you about 400 dollars for installation. It's not hard, just time consuming. That's why they charge a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys, I should be ordering mine this week.

I have a 91 Sedan L, kinda a Charcoal color with beige interior. I was either going to go with the regular beige color or with a two tone color. Beige and the dark brown color thats on my dash/steering wheel and through out the car. Im really not sure but im getting the Acura symbols embroidered in it.

Anyone else get the two tone leather? Any pics?

Thanks again for the help! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts