Acura Legend Forum banner

Leather Shift Boot

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  mattslegend1 
#1 ·
The OEM shift boot on my 92 Legend LS Coupe is torn and I would like to replace it with one made of leather. Has anyone found an after-market boot (other than the suede one's found on ebay) that work well?

#2 ·
what i am going to do is try and use one for another car perhaps...like a stick IS300...

I am going to do that to my ebrake to and convert that to leather.depending

#11 ·
oem is key....previous owner bought one for my car and lost it, so when i was putting in my LS wood console i decided to look for it on a long shot and found it in the trunk near the spair tire..in the bag and all!! haha thing is mint and looks great....ooo well thats my story i felt like sharing....definitely go oem...no aftermarket looks as good..

#12 ·
i went to the Acura Stealership today with the part #83414-SP0-A21ZA and asked them to tell me what it was and they confirmed that it is indeed a Black Leather Shiftboot for 2nd Gen Acura Legends...

I'll be ordering one off this site shortly...

#14 ·
Does anyone have pics of their shift boots. I know it's a strange request but I'm doing the auto2six conversion and I have the short shifter and want ideas on the shift boot. Especially if someone has a pic of the OEM boot with a short shifter that would be great.

#15 ·
ALoneR said:
i went to the Acura Stealership today with the part #83414-SP0-A21ZA and asked them to tell me what it was and they confirmed that it is indeed a Black Leather Shiftboot for 2nd Gen Acura Legends...

I'll be ordering one off this site shortly...
Unless Acura has changed the part, their OEM boot is plastic. I want to keep my car stock, but I couldn't see paying $55 for a plastic boot when I was able to get the OEM look in real leather for less, which is why I went to the trouble of having one made. The new boot looks like the old boot only better, i.e., it is black leather with black stitching and is very soft.

I don't see the boot listed on redlinegoods.com yet, but they kept my old boot as a template so if you email them, they should be able to make more.

#17 ·
ALoneR said:
how much were u charged? and i didnt know it was plastic...sure feels like leather...
My OEM boot was torn, which is how I found out it was plastic. Although when I put the two boots side-by-side, then it is obvious.

Anyway - here's a link to the leather boot: http://www.redlinegoods.com/Legend9195shiftboot.shtm

They cost $40. The boot in the picture is from my car. The boot you see in all the install instruction pictures is the new leather boot as well since I took the pictures after I installed the new boot into the center console.

#18 · (Edited)
I used momo-not a direct fit but with a little effort[and cutting]it will fit underneath the stock plastic automatic trim ring nicely and I used model screws to attach it to the underside.I had to improvise since swapping auto to 6,and I think it was the easiest way plus I like that screws onto the bottom of the knob.Also I used a gsr shifter for shorter throw and double bend. Will try to post pics

#19 ·
mattslegend1 said:
I used momo-not a direct fit but with a little effort[and cutting]it will fit underneath the stock plastic automatic trim ring nicely and I used model screws to attach it to the underside.I had to improvise since swapping auto to 6,and I think it was the easiest way plus I like that screws onto the bottom of the knob.Also I used a gsr shifter for shorter throw and double bend. Will try to post pics
Hurry up, I really want to see this being that you did the same thing I want to do. MOMO on the the Auto. You can email me at hotlavaflow2002@yahoo.com if you need someone to post the pics for you.

#20 ·
you mean you put a shift boot on your auto? did you remove the shiftplate? i did that in my first auto teg and it looked dope...everyone thought it was a manual:

engage - thanks for the info and the link, i'll be ordering from them soon!

#21 ·
ALoneR said:
you mean you put a shift boot on your auto? did you remove the shiftplate? i did that in my first auto teg and it looked dope...everyone thought it was a manual:

I swapped auto2six it is manuel now.

my problem posting the pics is that I exploded my clutch and car is in mommys garage inop-I will try to get over there tonight to snap a couple and post tonight or tomorrow-repeditavly launching at 4k on the bottle+19"wheels=dead clutch :(

#23 ·
thanks haha all it took was a $20 boot and a $15 button-less auto shift-knob and about 45min for install and i had a clean look. I thought I was original but when I searched on the teg forums it seemed other people had already done it. darn lol. Im surprised I dont see more auto legend owners with shiftboots. I think it looks way better than that ugly shiftplate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.