Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the difference between LED bulbs and just regular filament bulbs. Like what is the difference in the looks of the 2? I have heard that LED bulbs last a lot longer too. I have found some LED bulbs for my clear corners and bumpers, just wanted to know if anyone had them and what they thought of them.

Thanx

·
Registered
93 Posts
LED's are great.
The cool thing with them is the way they light up just on and off compared to a filament bulb that glows on then off. If you notice on the new caddilac deville the rear lights are all LED'd looks sweet.

The only reason i haven't gotten a pair yet is cuz i dont know if the white LED will match my hiper white headlights. Its electrical and once you plug them in you cant return them. I dont wanna get amber cuz it defeats the whole purpose of the clear corner look.

·
Registered
166 Posts
basically LED bulbs look like HIDs. regular colored bulbs such as polargs or piaas would match hyperwhite headlights. I'm currently running LED corners & hyperwhite headlights with polarg bumper hyperwhites and the corners kill both my headlights & bumpers. Wanna get my hands on some HIDs really soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I am getting the superwhites for the corners so they match the headlights, but I may just get a set of amber LEDs for the bumper turn signals.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
T Radz said:
I was wondering what the difference between LED bulbs and just regular filament bulbs. Like what is the difference in the looks of the 2? I have heard that LED bulbs last a lot longer too. I have found some LED bulbs for my clear corners and bumpers, just wanted to know if anyone had them and what they thought of them.

Thanx
Hey T Radz, where are you getting your LED bulbs from? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting the LED lightbulbs from autodynamic.com. They have the 194/168 bulbs from $10-$12.95, they don't have any 1156's though, which I was looking for. But I know I have seen 1156's somewhere, when I find out again I will post it.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Legendary LS said:
I dont wanna get amber cuz it defeats the whole purpose of the clear corner look.
I don't think it does. Having the clear lens w/out the amber reflector in it looks much better to start. Having an orange bulb inside doesn't look very noticable until they are lit up. And even when they are on, an orange bulb through a clear lens looks much better than a clear bulb through an amber reflector. What I don't like is using clear bulbs behind a clear lens. A bright flashing light doesn't look too hot to me for a turn-signal. Although I'm still running my stock bulbs behind my bumper lenses ;) Just too lazy/busy to buy orange ones.

But I def like the way the LED's light up immediately compared to filament bulbs. I just hope that I don't see any more of them behind clear tailights. Man that looks bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.