Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't even attempt to buy these...they make the brake light sensor think that the lights are burnt out!! There for the light on the dash will come on...plus they don't light up nearly as much!! Here's a pic...bad idea!! By the way, incase you couldn't tell :rolleyes: ...the LED bulbs are on the left!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
yeah thats true. I have the red LED bulbs on my tail. though the red LED does look better than the red bulb on my clear tail lights. Also they only turn on when the brakes are pushed. when you let go of the brakes, they turn off, so there are no parking lights. kind of pissed me off, but thats the only way i can get away with all clear at night.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a coupe just get an 1157 bulb...it's a "dual fillament" replacement...will be on with parking lights and brighter when brakes are applied...if it's a sedan then just buy some more to replace your parking lights...should be the same 1156. Try AutoZone. My lights were 17 with tax!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
the bottom brake lights for the sedan are 1157 (dual filiments).
Though with the red LED bulbs, the bulb acts as a single filiment, even though there are two conncetor piece thing on the bottom of the bulb. That is the reason why the red LED bulb sets off the light on our dash. at Kragen, the red LED 1157 are $6.99. pretty cheap. i got mine for free there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Thanks for that tip. Your Legend looks like it now got a black eye on the driver's taillight. I had an issue where I bought LED corner light bulbs and when they were in the store, they looked nice and bright, but as you know LED light only shines forward and has a limit range that it'll shine (less than 180 degrees), so when I put'em on, they were white, but since I did the 05->06 conversion, I can barely see'em.

GoldenCoupe said:
Don't even attempt to buy these...they make the brake light sensor think that the lights are burnt out!! There for the light on the dash will come on...plus they don't light up nearly as much!! Here's a pic...bad idea!! By the way, incase you couldn't tell :rolleyes: ...the LED bulbs are on the left!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.