Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some replacement LED tail light bulbs, will these work better than our fillament bulbs? I heard that these look very cool because they turn off instantly like a computer controled sort of thing...only problem is that they're like 14 bucks for a pair!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lifewise I know they beat fillament bulbs hands down...but as far as brightness, light scatter how will these work? I've also heard that they trigger the brake light sensor into thinking that the lights are burned out...is this correct? I would like to get some but I don't want to waste my money!! I will also replace my turn signals (front and rear), rear bumper lights, and my front parking/signal lights....do they have them available in yellow/amber? By the way are our brake/parking bulbs 1156 or 1157?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure our legends aren't dual fillament? The same bulb serves two purposes...parking light/brake light...unfortunately it is not listed in the owners manual!!:(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
For the coupe: The brake lights are dual filament 1157 bulbs, the turn signal and the backup lights are single filament 1156 bulbs.

For the sedan: The bulb at the top portion of the taillights is 1156. The backup and turnsignal are 1156, the 2 brake lights at the bottom of the taillight portion are 1157. Then there's also another small 168/194 bulb in the bottom corner of the lense where it wraps around the body, it lights up a reflector inside the housing so it can be seen from the side at night. The coupe doesn't have it, because coupe has a rear sidemarker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.