Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left rear window won't go up and it is stuck in the down position...wife doesn't like it. Friend thinks it is the window switch. The drivers control for the left rear window does not work as well. Are these switches in series? Need help to just get the window up!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I'm assuming the other windows work! If neither the master or the door's own switch don't work, it is usually either the motor is gone or there is a problem with the connection either in the door or where it plugs into the main left side wire harness (in the center post).

·
Registered
48 Posts
man i have that problem all the time it happed today dont worry just play with both front and the back swatch and it will go up
and it is not the swatches it is the wire connection in the door
if u lessen carefully u will hear the motor working when u bring it down but it does not work when u move it up

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you have a volt meter unplug motor pigtail and check for 12v between both wires when switch is depressed. if you have power the motor is at fault. if not wiring/fuses/switches are at fault. track voltage backwards towards source

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the motor is not at fault...I took apart the left rear window panel and using two paper clips, I extended the male connecter for the window motor and flipped it. Using the extended prongs made by the paper clips, I flipped the female connector and connected it to my paper clips and simultaneously pushed down on the window switch. The window went up! So I dont think it is the window motor. I think it is the left rear window switch.

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
My problem was in the connector thats in the center post.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was wrong with your B pillar connector? I dont think it is the window switch anymore b/c I took the opposite door switch off and tested on the left rear door and it didnt work. The master door switch (only the left rear switch in particular) also doesnt operate correctly. Can you elaborate on your B pillar connector issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK so I took apart the B pillar connector and cleaned it. The let rear window will go down, but not back up. The master control switch controlling the left rear window still does not work. I am starting to think the problem lies with the the drivers master control switch. Any ideas?

EDIT

I got a used master switch. I plugged it in and it did not change to situation. The left rear window will go down, but not go up. I have checked the B pillar connector, the left rear window connector, and changed the driver's master power switch. Anybody with some ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
short term solution

I have the same problem. The window goes down, but not up. My temporary solution was to reverse the up and down wires off the switch on the door. That enabled me to raise the window. Its disconnected now, but if I can't get the switch to work both ways, I am going to replace it.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
If both of you have done the following:

1. swapped another window switch
2. reversed the wires to the motor can get the motor to go up by reversing wires
3. swapped master switches

and the symptoms are still the same then you must have a problem with either:

a) the wiring between the switch and the b-pillar connector
b) the wiring between the b-pillar and fuse box.

Easy option, pick up a rear door wire harness and test it out without installing inside door to find eliminate that wire harness.

·
Banned
3,264 Posts
Someone needs to explain this better. I hear "reverse wires" with no detail as to the dozen or so wires in the door. Be specific.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. My window roll down, but not up, I checked voltage, I have +12 when rolling down, but -6 when rolling up, which is not enough. I Jumped the wires to get my window up and it works. I'd like to check the wire between door and B Pillar, but I don't know how. Should I Remove the door entirely ? I can't find it in the service manual. Thanks :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd checked that already, may take a look to the cables routing, but I'd like to unplug door harness to check voltage at door entry if it not solves my problem, but i don't know how to unplug it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - Everyone new to the post just accuired a 91 3.2L on Nov 1 2008. i am having the same problem both back windows will go down but not up. I reversed the motor wire to get the widdow back up. I did a complete interior swap and have spare rear controllers original and new woul not work. Any idea what i shouls change next? is there a relay or something?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
mine had this problem. it ended up being the motor cable for the upmotion. it's working against gravity and window guides, so if the cables are not properly slack, then the motor will show that the voltage is too low and won't raise the window.

but since you're getting the window to raise by swapping the connections, i wouldn't suggest taking apart the motor and checking the cables.

wanna know how i fixed mine?

two short 2X4 scrapes shoved under the window and took the cable. ;]

but this is usual for any old electric windows.
i believe it's mainly resistance. the harness/ circuit that ends up at the windows is losing too much power before it gets to the window motor connections. when the car's brand new, the wires and connections are too, so it's easy to push that much power through.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts