Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These days I have a problem with my Legend 92. The engine usually off when I was driving, I can't turn the engine on, and D4 light was not on too. But if I try to turn off and on the key for many time, when D4 light on, and then I can turn on the engine.

I went to Honda service to fix my car's problem but they said it do not have any problem. I thought Honda service in Vietnam can't solve my problem. So, If anyone know what is my car's problem and how to fix it, please help me

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
how can the car be off while ur driving??!?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, it could happen and it can happen. Intermitent contacts in the ignition switch only require a low shock level when the vehicle is in motion over a bump or a pot hole and it can happen in a blinking of an eye, all of the sudden the electrical power is off and back on again and so on ... I had it happened once when I came home from work before, anyway I did replace mine after that and so far so good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I check my ECU code, and I saw 1 long and 5 short flashes.

Please tell me what is it error? and how to fix it.

I'm living in Vietnam, Honda Vietnam can not help me to fix it, I must do it by myself, but I don't have muck knowledge about car, so please help me for detail

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Code 15 is the ignition output signal. There are a couple of possibilities in wiring but one very likely culprit is the igniter and the other is the ECU itself. If you can find an igniter from a junk yard etc. that would be the way I would go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ive had similar problems after i installed a new head unit.

I figured it was one of two problems, the battery (dvd head unit uses a lot of battery power), or because i had pulled on some of the wiring connected to the shifter and may have scewed up a aconnection somewhere.

I recharged the battery and refilled the battery cells (they were low)

and pushed the center counsel in a little harder (to fix any loose connections?? i dont know it made sense at the time)

and its worked ever since then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.