Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wooo Hoooo!!!!

Import Toys has JIC MAJIC coilovers (that is spring and shock) for the KA7 (G2 sedan). The 5 way adjustable model is $1600+, so it's not for the economically challenged. Max lowering is 1.5-2 inches.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact Marcus at [email protected]. Put "Attn Marcus" in the subject.

I'm under the impression that the KA7 and KA8 suspensions are the same (shocks and springs) but they are saying KA7, so best check it out. They are special order which means no refunds. 7-10 day delivery.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
Contact Marcus at [email protected]. Put "Attn Marcus" in the subject.

I'm under the impression that the KA7 and KA8 suspensions are the same (shocks and springs) but they are saying KA7, so best check it out. They are special order which means no refunds. 7-10 day delivery.
As far as I can tell Dave teh KA7 and KA8 suspension are identical and interchangable. At least that is between my Coupe and Toms old 94 GS Sedan. We interchaged our suspension parts with no problems, and they appeared to be identical.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm getting mines soon!

I get mines from my bro's shop soon. But I have to warn you guys that the product is still back not in stock in the US until like March so it will take a little while until you guys get it. That's why I have to wait a month or so until I get mines. But I'll definately tell you guys how it is when I get mines in! Peace...

·
Banned
720 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:

That's the non adjustable version. One I quoted was the adjustable shock version.
Ohh.. I was just comparing both SF-1's. $1400 vs. $1,334.

Anyway, how come both of them say non-adjustable?

BRACKET
Stronger than stock bracket. Non-height adjustable. They lower
your car an average of 1.5" to 2" depending on the application.
:confused:

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$66 is peanuts on a purchase like this and I would rather support a shop that helped support the Legend community. Now if it was a couple hundred different..........

When reading translations from Japanese a lot of verbage gets really hosed. The SA-1 is a 5 way adjustable shock with a threaded coilover. The description is a generic one applied to the entire line. Example: adjustable upper pillow block is only for McPherson strut suspensions. Ours is a double control arm.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
whas da difference wit those and ground control coilovers??
Those are real full theaded bodies shocks that are adjustable, while Ground Control is simple a sleeve that slips over an existing shock body. IF you go the sleeve route, GC is the way to go. However, true full treaded shock bodied adjustable coil overs are the uptimate way when it comes to adjustabitliy, this the extra $1000 price tag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts