Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two month's my 1988 LS has been surprising me (actually my wife) by dying while driving down the road. No rough running, no backfires, it's running fine one second and then it's dead the next. Sometimes it will start back up and be just fine, other times it won't start and has to be towed. There are no codes coming out of the ECU and no check engine light. My friendly local Acura dealer changed the ingnition black box, and it ran fine for a month, but yesterday it died on the side of the road again. This time it was towed to my local non-factory Acura repair place, and they are scratching their heads wondering what's wrong. Anybody have any similar problems and if so, what was the fix? Thanks.

Bob Hughes
1988 LS
Dead as a doornail, with new leather interior enroute.:mad:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
cap + rotor?

it happened to me.
thing just died.
while going 100 mph.
i thought i broke the timing belt.
i felt like a jackass.
:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
check your main relay, under the dash on drivers side.Its a 1 by 3in black box (brown inside where the connector plugs in)when you turn the key on(but dont crank) and the check engine light goes on for two seconds the click you should hear is the main relay(which you may not hear if its bad)any way ....if it wont start try giving the relay a smack, most times it will start.then you know for sure its a relay. They fail alot so it wouldnt hurt to replace it even if it is something else(I replace them every time I buy a "new" high mile honda/acura)..........good luck let me know what you find:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts