Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas, I have a Legend obsession besides taking pictures of my car. It is collecting ANYTHING in print that is related to the Legend. I have been collecting Honda/Acura automobilia, literature, etc. for nearly 9 years now. Most of this stuff has come from eBay; some I've just acquired through dealers, making copies at library archives, etc.

Do you think I'm missing anything? (Besides a life) :giggle:

This is the master Excel file -- similar to what I have done with my vehicle maintenance which many of you have seen.

Here are a few of my favorite pieces for you (in random order)...

From Lowrider Euro:

An ad that says it all: Looks ARE everything!

A promotional video from 1992 that I acquired awhile back:

Preferred Pre-Owned brochure:

From Max Speed:

The oldest piece of literature I own on the Legend: "Honda's Luxo Sedan"

A brochure from the United Kingdom (EDM baby):

I love this one. A Legend Reborn! on Autoweek:

Here's one where the coupe 6MT came in LAST PLACE versus a Cadillac, a Lincoln, and a Lexus:

The infamous G1 turbo:

G2 brochure in German: (Legend coupe and limousine)

A couple more images from the German brochure:

Another "versus Lexus SC" article:

From Car Audio:

So... Anybody got me beat on Legend literature?

· $er1f
991 Posts
Tyus you are a beast! That is one AUsome collection. Keep up the good work and I don't think you will be beat.

one,

· Registered
233 Posts
damn and i thought i was cool for having ordered a dealer brochure on all 1995 acura models a few months back.

i would like to know how the coupe did in all of those comparisons?

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
you should scan those man and have someone put them into a pdf format or something and try to get it all posted that would be awsome

My grandfather has consumer reports for like every year, I will go and burrow his and put a list everywhere the legend was put to test and such

· Registered
864 Posts
Looks like we share another obsession.....I have literature from way back, and tons of it. Not just Honda/Acura stuff, but stuff my dad has kept from back in the day. Some incldue 1960 Corvette, 1969 Camaro, Countless Porsche ads, and tons of Honda books from the 80's on up. I just have a hard time throwing any of this stuff away! Looks like you have some cool articles and such, hold onto those!

· Registered
2,843 Posts
Not bad! It would be cool if you could scan and post a few of those. I'd like to see why the Coupe came in last place behind a Lincoln and Caddy. :giggle: Here's my only piece of Legend literature, it's the dealer technical info guide for the release of the '93 Coupe.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
Kenso said:
Not bad! It would be cool if you could scan and post a few of those. I'd like to see why the Coupe came in last place behind a Lincoln and Caddy. :giggle: Here's my only piece of Legend literature, it's the dealer technical info guide for the release of the '93 Coupe.
That's pretty pathetic, being that you work at Acura. :giggle:

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Man, thats quite a bit of paraphernalia. I just wish I had my owners manual.

· Registered
2,169 Posts
man that brings back memories, great collection, i wish. i blow at other legends on the road, just to show respect, most times the owners dont know whats going on. ever notice when two legends come close to each other, the owners are always checking out each others cars? price less. yo i would even buy copies of those articles on ebay(color), think about it. you got gold there.make a couple of booklets together, and post on ebay, i'll be checking. ONE

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
khoerling said:
Is it possible that you could bring the Legend brochure from '94?
I promise not to drool over it....Let's meet up with Tom for dinner after a few canyon runs.
Sure, I'll bring the brochure. That plan sounds good; I needed to meet up with Tom anyway to pick up that TCS control unit. I'll be away from the computer from now until then, so keep in touch with me via phone.

maracura91 said:
yo i would even buy copies of those articles on ebay(color), think about it.
I have thought of putting together a booklet with everything I have, but I would definitely run into copyright issues for copying the magazines and charging money for them on eBay. I might get away with it here on the forums, though... Maybe in the future. I could fairly easily just scan some of the promo shots from the brochures and such.

I need to "will" my collection to somebody on here for when I die, so it can stay in the family :). My family just thinks I'm loony for hanging on to it all. It takes up two big full boxes to store it all.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.