Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well pretty much ever since I've had my Legend, things have been breaking... In the last year the following repairs have been done:

Head gasket (Had a BHG)
Water Pump
Timing Belt
Heads Re-built
Spark Plugs
Hood Struts
Battery
3 New Calipers
4 Rotors and Pads
Antenna Mast
Repaired Fuel Line

This doesn't include the regular maintenance items I've been trying to keep up on (Fuel/Air/Cabin Air filter, PCV valve, Coolant/power steering flush etc)

Sorry, enough ranting... :giggle:

Well just this last week my power locks stopped working (hopefully I can fix it thanks to a new control unit from jahlinx) but my real question is....

When is my Legend going to start loving me back? I know its an old car but when can I expect stuff to stop breaking? :confused:

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
Bridge said:
When is my Legend going to start loving me back? I know its an old car but when can I expect stuff to stop breaking? :confused:
This is a never ending process w/ a 10 year old car. When you fix one thing something else will break, well at least thats been my experience.

· Registered
39 Posts
You and i are in the same boat....so much work the get this legend dependable......but its worth it in the end....finally got my car up and running and i got in and drove it for 15 minutes....awesome feeling.....especially when i was stuck driving a minivan for 3 months since the legend broke down...

· Registered
2,473 Posts
My dad's 1988 honda civic had no mechanical problem. The only thing that went wrong was the door lock broke off. I bought home parts and fixed it in less than half an hour and she was back to normal. One time we went without an oil change for a year, yet she still ran perfectly.

Then again, the car isn't as advance as the legend. The car was simple. It had no power door lock, power windows, etc.

The legend has a lot of toys in it. One more thing added to the car is just another thing that breaks. :)

· Registered
171 Posts
I love my Legend. I'm tossed about buying a new or newer car because I just love the look of a Legend. Yes there's alot of repairs and up keep but hell the car is 11 years old. She still looks better than most cars on the road today.

· Registered
32 Posts
My first Leg was an 88 LS Sedan, and by the end of everything, I had put alot of money into it to keep it going. ALOT of money. I'm not saying that she wasn't worth it by any means, but sometimes you have to expect everything to go wrong and prepare to handle it.
Rumnarv is right, there really is no end. At least each time you fix something you have a better car than you had before. That = more love for the Legends.

· Registered
2,324 Posts
i have been driving integras for 11 years and besides tb and wp i never had any major mechanical problems. i have had a legend(s) for almost 5 years and it has been constant repairing, bhg, a/c, fan relay, main relay, and fuel pump. but talk to someone with a 10-14 year old luxury car(benz or bimmer) and see what they say about repair costs.

· Registered
186 Posts
Dont even get me started with the repairs I have under gone.. Heres my list..

Blown Head Gasket
Radiator
Alternator
Water Pump
Timing Belt
Alternator Belt
Spark Plugs
Calipers
Brake Pads
Fender
Tires

Oh and i got in an accident a week ago and here is what to come.. ($1,500 fix)

Bent Subframe
broken axle
broken tie rod
broken rim (curb rash TO THE BONE)
broken control arm

Maybe because the car came from the Cannucks? Which makes it harder when i go to Acura of Lynnwood because they cant do jack sh!t for you, they say contact a canadian dealer.. Plus they wont replace things that are a safety hazard like the Bose Amp, because they can catch on fire..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.