Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If he is really beating tubo cars, he probably has an engine swap or forced induction himself. I wouldn't worry about it since he really isn't an ordinary 4 cylinder car. Those cars have a lot of afgtermaket support and engine swaps are cheap. He could have dropped in a Type R engine in there.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
TypeIICoupe said:
unfortunately, his engine was a stock Integra -not even VTEC (I saw under his hood) He did however, have the inside stripped and a carbon fiber hood.

Tell me that there are some legend owners who take these cars to school - DV8? someone?
Than he has some trick up his sleeve. Maybe he had internal engine work or some pory and polishing done. A stock LS Teg has what? 142HP stock? they gain about 10-15 HP with basic bolt on (I/H/E), so that could bump it up to about 157-160HP at the crank. Given that the stock Civic Si on papar has the same low 7 0-60 and upper mid 1/4 mile times as a stock TYPE II automatic Legend, and the top speed of the LS Teg is only in the 130 range, even with the wieght reduction I can't understand why he would be walking away from a TYPE II especially over 140 MPH.

Unless that weight reduction really does some awsome wonders, there isn't a stock LS Teg that I know, even with stripped interiors running in the 14 second range, and none are beating turbo DSM cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.