Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brake seems to fade the harder i step the farther to the floor it goes. **** it. 91 legend seden with like 180k miles. just order a new tranny mount, clunk when shifting(auto trans) cost like 154 for part, the cat converter seems to go, just replaced both rear calipers and pads all around like last month. these old cars just gived you headaches. everything is like falling apart, you replace this part another one is due. it never ends with a car this age. and of course how could i forget the radiator, it had been done, i got a metal one so i guess it last forever(500 bucks with installation ouch) thermostat timing belt water pump, thats like all the stuff that i had to fix so far. my headaches right now are: tranny mount, cat converter, master cyclinder

·
Registered
234 Posts
Seeing that you replaced all of those parts. Have the last three fixed and call it a day. Once everything is in working order you'll appreciate what a good car you have.

G

·
Yeah but that's about the time that you need to replace the tranny :p. Then once you do that a new engine is in order ;).

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got a 92 LS with 166,000 miles and everything seems to be in order. Engine's good, trans is good. However I'll be taking it to the Ack Dealer or a reputable shop to run some diagnostics and see what if any repairs i need to make so I wont have any problems in the future.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you do any of your own work? Some of the jobs you mentioned are fairly easy DIY fixes. The Helms manual is a great investment. What makes you think your cat is bad??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.