Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and I'm sure this not a new topic but I installed a new battery and now the radio displays "code". I am the 2nd owner of the car and have owned it 12 years. I have the plastic card with the radio code but when I enter it the radio still displays "code". The serial # is:JHAKA7678NCO30824. Help!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure why your code is not working? This is the first time in 12 years of ownership you had to install a new battery? That is pretty good.

Here is a link to a thread devoted to radio code. The link will bring you to a specific post (#59) in the thread were you can PM a member for the info. Also read the post #61. They will need the serial number for the radio, not your vin#.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f6/code-stereo-fast-95103/index2.html#post1123182

FYI - I found this post a while back by using the search function and typing in "Radio Code"...there are other threads about this topic in that search too...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry-Did not mean to imply this was first battery replacement. There have been several replacements but this is the first time I was unable to enter my radio code and it not work.Also:the serial# is:JH4KA7678NC030824, not the one I entered originally.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I do not have an answer to your problem with the radio code not working after it has worked in the past...

but the serial number for a radio is usually something like B10310773

The number above that you call a serial number is your VIN # to your car. Based on it I know you have a 1992 Legend LS 4 door automatic built in 1992 and assembled in Japan how to read Vin #... http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/newbie-faq-71633/#post645078

To get the serial number for your radio, you need to pull out the radio to read it.

But hopefully you do not need to do this, and someone can answer your real question. Why is your radio code not working this time...

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts