Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today as i started the car to go get a "hair cut" I noticed the engine screaming as if it was lacking air to breathe, the engine kept revving up and down between 500 and 1500 rpm while it was in park and on my way home i just noticed the temperature gauge needle rise up all they way to HOT. This got me really scared cause my first thought was "god please don't be a blown head gasket". Since this morning I havent driven the car cause im scared of what the outcome will be.

Also every morning wether it be a hot or cold day the engine revs all the way to 1500 rpms and just stays there until the car is warm then drops to 300 rpms.

Would any1 know what causes this.

Thank You

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you search this you will find that you have air in your cooling system. Bleed it- A lot- and see what happens. If you are lucky, maybe air is being introduced by a leak- like the top of the radiator or the radiator cap. If you have an air bubble trapped, your car will rev up and down

·
Toronto Legends
214 Posts
+1 on air in rad pipe
been dealing with the same problem
the temp on mine will go slowly all the way to H (after 10-15 mins of driving)and then drop down suddenly and stay just below midpoint for rest of the 20 mins commute. I bleeded some air out yesterday, gotta do it again today/tomorrow but my mechanic told me not to overfill the reservoir otherwise rad fluid wont circulate properly and cause pressure buildup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.