Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been realizing that my legend isn’t as smooth as it was a few months ago, it just seems to me that its kind of bobbing up and down a little at different speeds, I can kind of feel the gas pedal having a really really small vibration at different speeds??? Anyone got any ideas what it could be??? Your input is really appreciated! Thanks.

·
2,873 Posts
Vibrations could be caused by warped rotors and the bobbing up and down could be your suspension. Check to see if your struts are leaking oil or not.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Probably the struts. OEM struts don't last all that long, apparently. One place said they don't go more than 50-60K on many cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Do you guys have an idea how much the struts cost, can I get the suspension tightened??? and how much would that be? Warped rotors only vibrate when braking right? not just accelerating? Thanks.

·
2,873 Posts
I'm not sure what OEM strusts cost but I def. know getting aftermarket is cheaper. You can get a set of Koni adjustables for about ~$400 from places like www.shox.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or ...

email me at [email protected] and I can get you a better deal!

Just let me know which strut you're wanting and I'll price it for you.

Thanks,

Gil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A CV joint that is starting to go will also cause a vibration while driving at certain speeds... Something to look at !!

Or a slightly bent axle...

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. I just started having the same problem. If it happens when you
accelerate or decelerate then its probably your trany mounts.
2. The bouncing does sound like your struts. try stoping hard, if your car sways back and fourth after you've stoped then you need new struts. Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.