Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I was talking to my friend today he has a 91 LEXUS LS 400, and he told me that he usually gets like something in the 20-22 mpg on average like mostly city driving! I usually get like 17 in the city and not much higher on the highway maybe 19, I cant believe that my Legend does worse on gas then his V8, are most of u guys getting around this gas mileage? Mines a 92 LS sedan Auto. thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
you are right

it does suck...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I would say, maybe about 19-20.

But.. the Legends also tend to cause its' users to have a lead foot. :D Also, driving on D3 a lot will drop your MPG drastically I think.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My bad Future, but what are D3s?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Oops, I'm guessing you have a manual transmission? You should be getting better fuel economy then us automatic transmission users. Do you drive your car hard? Accelerate quickly from stops etc? That will really kill your mpg. On the auto tranny we have two drive gears D3 and D4. D3 will hold the car in third gear, causing much higher reving of the engine, and fuel consumption.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The D3 Effect

I'm glad u brought that up, 'cause I have noticed the same thing about fuel economy and I only really use D4 during highway driving. D3 makes me think i'm in 2nd gear though. Oh well, just like my wife, i'll figure my baby out throughout this relationship.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just made a trip down home from school, approx. 190 miles. Filled her up all the way, averaged about 80mph the whole way and I still have a bar more than half tank left in her.
If you guys are really getting crappy gas mileage, try the fuel injection cleaner and also the 6-cylinder engine restorer thing. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I can't complain i made it from ATL to R.I and i stopped for gas two times:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
i've been able to go from LA to the Bay Area about 340 miles or so on one tank of gas, but i think i was stretchin' it. The fuel light was on for like 50 miles or something. I'm wonderin how much you still got when the fuel light starts to come on full power. Normally i only 240 miles before i have to gas. Sux :mad:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
SLACK3RZ said:
i've been able to go from LA to the Bay Area about 340 miles or so on one tank of gas, but i think i was stretchin' it. The fuel light was on for like 50 miles or something. I'm wonderin how much you still got when the fuel light starts to come on full power. Normally i only 240 miles before i have to gas. Sux :mad:
Fuel light should mean about 3-3.3 gallons, or about 60-70 miles if you take it easy.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: 23 MPG Manual

likeparty said:
91 with 5 speed driven very hard produces 23 MPG. I used to notice a difference in mileage with my 'vette between regular and premium. With the Legend 23 MPG calculated regardless of gas type. And I use regular on 2 out of 3 tanks...buying premium when the cost adder is lower than 20% or I only need 7-8 gallons. Yeah, yeah, I know. I really don't believe there is a diff.
I do not reccommend using less than 89 octane in your Legend

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Granny driver here and I get 24 mpg. I filled up with a total of 17.3 gallons drove approx. 365 to 370 mile before I had to fill up again. I have an auto G2 Coupe and I live in Albuquerque NM where the altitude is high. But, I do drive like a grandpa.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Actually, I think putting lower octane fuel will cause the ECU or something to regulate power to prevent engine knocking. So by putting lower octane fuel, your car is purposely going to produce less power to prevent knock, a different ECU mode I believe?.

At least I read that somewhere, not sure where?

·
Registered
702 Posts
come on y'all, first off if you got a legend, you didn't get it cuz of its fuel economy or great gas mileage. when you bought it you didn't give a sh*t bout that! i think i get anywhere from 220 to 240 miles per full tank but that's mainly all slow city traffic and cuz i love spinning tires at lights and flooring it so i don't expect to get too good gas mileage! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
23 MPG Manual

91 with 5 speed driven very hard produces 23 MPG. I used to notice a difference in mileage with my 'vette between regular and premium. With the Legend 23 MPG calculated regardless of gas type. And I use regular on 2 out of 3 tanks...buying premium when the cost adder is lower than 20% or I only need 7-8 gallons. Yeah, yeah, I know. I really don't believe there is a diff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been getting 215 miles per tank? thats wayyy to low huh? I know this thread is old, I found it while using the "search" feature lol.... I have a 93 automatic coupe, what gives? thanks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts