Acura Legend Forum banner

Levoc Shift Knob

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  TypeIICoupe 
#1 ·
I even got the button to work. I forgot who asked for this picture, but here it is.

See less See more
#5 ·
aek123 said:
can you tell me a little more about the the shift knob, do you like it?, was it easy to install?, was there any problems installing?
thanks
It wasn't too bad to install. I had to file down the adapter under the shifter to about an inch or so. Then I had to modify the screws that go in the side of the shifter. I had to cut them a little in order for them not to press against the shaft, because if they presses the shaft, the button wouldn't work. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Damn, you guys have hella clean floormats. I have to pick me up some of those. Mine are pretty gross looking :(.
I hustle solo most of the time, my girlfriend very seldom ride with me(no reason) .Except on the the weekend sometimes. So, thats why they are clean most of the time

#10 ·
Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

asianlegend said:

Who makes that? I'd like to buy one. But, I'd prefer Black Chrome. I want one bad!:cool:
It is Levoc, and they offer a knob with black and chrome.

Looks good CakeDaddy. I am surprised you had to modify the screws to make yours fit. I had no problems with the screws. However, I modified the knob to fit and not the black plastic adapter just in case I ever had to put the stock knob back on.

#11 ·
Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

asianlegend said:

Who makes that? I'd like to buy one. But, I'd prefer Black Chrome. I want one bad!:cool:
Levoc is the maker. I bought it at a local speed shop here in town. I've seen them on Ebay I believe.

#12 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

CakeDaddy said:
Levoc is the maker. I bought it at a local speed shop here in town. I've seen them on Ebay I believe.
Are you sure? I found it under another name - "Napolex Levoc"

Is this the one and the price that you all found it for -
LEVOC SHIFT KNOB: A/T HYBRID 3 (BLACK)

This one would be tight, if I could paint it black chrome, don't you think:

LEVOC SHIFT KNOB: HYBRID A/T FOR HONDA (WOODY)

My only problem is, since it is already chrome, wouldn't it be kind of hard to paint over with black flat paint and then re-coat it with a glossy or clear-coat paint? Would it remain intact (versus paint coming off after being gripped so many times?

#13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

asianlegend said:

Nope, I didn't find Levoc. But, I found it under a different name:

"Napolex Levoc"

anyone know the direct website? I can see they make universal ones, but where did you and Infinite get the Legend-specific one?
Napolex is the name of a company that offers the shift knob. It is also where I got my shift knob www.napolex.com, but they seem to be more expensive than some other places that these guys have gotten them from.

There is no Legend specific Levoc knob. You get their automatic tranny shift knob without the overdrive button. They have about 5 different styles including wood/chrome, black/chrome, white/chrome, and maybe a couple of others.

Note that you either have to modify the shift adapter at the bottom of the shift boot or you have to modify the knob itself to fit correctly. CakeDaddy modified the adapter, but should he ever want to put the stock knob back on it won't look or fit right. If you modify the shift knob, you have to take the bottom piece off of the knob, but the shift knob still looks good without it and the stock knob goes back on perfectly.

#14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

You responded to an older post. I edited that. Can you help me answer those questions too?

Thanks for the warning too!

infinite said:
There is no Legend specific Levoc knob. You get their automatic tranny shift knob without the overdrive button. They have about 5 different styles including wood/chrome, black/chrome, white/chrome, and maybe a couple of others.

Note that you either have to modify the shift adapter at the bottom of the shift boot or you have to modify the knob itself to fit correctly. CakeDaddy modified the adapter, but should he ever want to put the stock knob back on it won't look or fit right. If you modify the shift knob, you have to take the bottom piece off of the knob, but the shift knob still looks good without it and the stock knob goes back on perfectly.

#15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

asianlegend said:
You responded to an older post. I edited that. Can you help me answer those questions too?

Thanks for the warning too!

The first one, the black/chrome one, is the one we have. I forgot to look at the price and the link stopped working for me, but if it was 79.99, then that is a good price and it is better than Napolex.

The second one I have never seen before, must be a new one. I have no idea if it will fit or what kind of modification it would take to get it to fit since it seems to be different from ours.

As for painting it, I have no idea. I question whether the paint would stick or not.

#16 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

infinite said:

The first one, the black/chrome one, is the one we have. I forgot to look at the price and the link stopped working for me, but if it was 79.99, then that is a good price and it is better than Napolex.

The second one I have never seen before, must be a new one. I have no idea if it will fit or what kind of modification it would take to get it to fit since it seems to be different from ours.

As for painting it, I have no idea. I question whether the paint would stick or not.
Hey,

This guy is here in Albuquerque. He has a web site too. He has the Levoc Knobs. A lot of guys go to him. All the Euro heads.
Accords,Civics,Preludes,Eclipses,etc.... I stay away.

:D
http://www.frisbeesperformance.com

505-265-1970

#17 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Levoc Shift Knob

infinite said:

Hey,

This guy is here in Albuquerque. He has a web site too. He has the Levoc Knobs. A lot of guys go to him. All the Euro heads.
Accords,Civics,Preludes,Eclipses,etc.... I stay away.

:D
http://www.frisbeesperformance.com

505-265-1970 (FrisBees) Ask for Dante or Penny

#18 ·
holy #$$#%^
i had the same levoc shifter with wood installed in my 91 legend. i had such a hard time installing it as well. wow it takes lots of patience b/c beneath our oem shifter is a not normal setup like the average car has so you need to do some mods. but once it is on it is so sweet i can explain
mark

#20 ·
I hit you up on PM, but as per my process of carving out the white plastic inside the levoc knob, you have to be careful doing it. I chipped the bottom of my knob. It is a very small chip which can't be noticed unless you stick your face right up to the knob, but you have to be careful.

Some of us may meet up at the car show on July 21st. Dawk said something about possibly putting his coupe in the show, but I don't know what is going on with that. I will let you know if you are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.