Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need some advice, purchased the Levoc-473

I removed my older shifter, and removed the old adapter on the shifter (It's a Coupe). When I slip the new Levoc over it, it doesn't sit down far enough (about 1-1 1/2" too high). Am i suppose to grind something down? Do I have to modify the base of the new shift knob? or Do I have to modify that black plastic that sits below both shift knobs? It's a black piece that comes out of the Shifter Area (Park Drive Reverese etc..).

I'm guessing it's one or the other, no amount of pressure will allow it to slip over out of the box...Right now I'm leaning on removing the whole center console...removing the shifter area that says Park Drive Reverse.. and trying to see how I can get to the black plastic trim that comes out above it, and maybe sanding that down....no clue...Project on hold till I get some input

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
Does that shifter have a button to press to shift out of park like the OEM does. If not, you might need to start the car and press the brake to allow the shifter safety rod to be depressed down thus allowing the knob to sit lower. I had to do this with a custom knob I used, but then, the shifter was never locked while in park again!

Hope this helps ya!

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
378 Posts
u have to take the whole shifter assembly apart (the thing that tells u d1, d2, etc.) then take off the plastic piece.. its on clips.. and you cut i think a little less than an inch off that.. just measure it :)
This is true, except I didn't have to take the shifter plate off. I did get the shifter rod into neutral, tried a test fit, meaured that plastic lower piece down around an inch, then cut a slight "V" (and filed the tips down) off the bottom of the plastic lower part, reassembled everything and I was done. The V was to allow for forward/backward shift movement.

Better to cut a little at a time , try it out than to assume and cut too much off. If you scrw uit up, you can just discard but your rod will be bare, which actually doesn't look that bad.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cut the base down on the black trim piece. I removed the whole assembly Park Reverse Drive etc... I went 1/4" too far (easy to fix later on though with a new black trim piece). Anyways, the 2nd problem I had was the damn screws. Supplied screws did not work, they put too much pressure on the internal lever (the one that goes up and down for the push down effect). I bought so many screws none worked, in the end I looked through my Computer accessories I had at home, and 2 of the screws worked PERFECTLY. No wiggle/play in the shifter, and push down effect works flawlessly now :)

I saved a screw for future reference so I can measure it in case someone else ever has the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.