Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

i bought one lift shock to replace the bad one for my hood. But, the one i got ($25) from autozone did not fit, it was a little bit longer then the stock. you know what happened, the hood will not come all the way down leaving quater inche gap between the front fender, really pissed me off :(( It is aftermarket made for Legend called: mighty lift. well, i do not know, anyone of you guys has replaced lift shock. i do not really want to get a oem cost $100.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

I will, BTW, do you know the length? do you mean the whole thing or just the lenght when it gets fully extended?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replaced my hood lift supports a couple months ago. Ordered from PartsAmerica.com for $19 each. Fits and works perfectly. Ordered and to my surprise got it the next day even though shipping time was supposed to be 3 days. Part # 4306

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To skidazzle98

Thanks a lot, man!!!

i will check it out right now.

See yaaa

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To CODY690

Hi, the thing i got was dislike the stock. it was upside down, do you know what mean? the stock has the ball joins at the buttun, but the aftermarket is made to be attached to the hood.

did you mean install the aftermarket like the stock anyway, i am wondering if that's gonna fit, dude?

thanks

jj

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
hhmm

is it mighty-lift? If it is then thats what i have and it will work u just have to put your mind it it ha. The first time i put the on and lowered the hood there was a gap like u are talkinga bout but i fliped the bracket that goes on the hood upside down and put the top of the hood shock behind that. It will work but u might not have the mighty-lift and i dono then

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to CODY690

Yes, that was the one i had, but i returned it already,so, anyway, i will order a new one from partsamerica.com. i was not thinging to turn the thing upside down, and everything seemed to be
fixed, well. I hope the new one i am getting will fit

Thanks anyway, you guys have been very helpful!!

take care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts