·
K L E A N M O D™
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some rims..

my two choices are....

26 LBS a rim
16.5 LBS a rim

How much would the weight of the rims affect the acceleration? How much do the stock rims weight?

·
Registered
88 Posts
T1-II, the lighter the better. Unsprung weight makes a big difference - better handling, better braking, better acceleration. 16.5 lbs is a nice light wheel.

G'luck!

·
K L E A N M O D™
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2x6spds

How do you like the ebiach camber kit? And what setting do you have your konis set at in the front and rear...:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: 2x6spds

TI II said:
How do you like the ebiach camber kit? And what setting do you have your konis set at in the front and rear...:)
The camber kit required some serious banging of the upper "beam." Until it was moved out of the way (not structural) the new part did some awful banging on bumps which was truly bad. Now it is just fine. I think the Konis are set at medium, I just replaced them after 50,000 miles. I know they're guaranteed for life but it sure feels better now.

The combination of the new Konis and the camber adjustment kit has resulted in the best handling my Legend has ever enjoyed. It is incredibly snubbed, tracks straight as an arrow on the highway, and is unbelievably stable on turns.

There is a long two lane sweeper connector between two highways here in SoCal. There was a truck in the right lane, a black Crown Vic or Mercury Marrauder (there are a few running loose down here) coming up on the truck in the right lane. I was in the left. I was going pretty fast. The car was rock solid. The Ford swung around the truck and accelerated hard back into the right lane passing me at a high rate of speed. I was in third gear. I waited until the Ford was nose to nose with me and nailed it. Within a heartbeat I was even again. The Legend tracked the turn at WOT without any pulling or vagueness. The black Ford floored it and I let him pass me. When he completed his right lane pass, he quickly turned his blue and red lights on and off. I waived at him through my moon roof. It was night. I was smiling. The Legend was purring. The Ford disappeared ahead moving at about 100 mph. I could've taken him, easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, an unmarked police car driven very, very well!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
2x6spds said:
Yes, an unmarked police car driven very, very well!
Just when I thought you were the man ....you are now king:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
keep in mind that we have heavy cars and light rims will get bent much easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts