Acura Legend Forum banner

Liquid or Solid Clay Bar

• Liquid Clay Bar works just as good, go for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traditional Clay Bar runs circles around liquid crap.

Votes: 8 100.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cassis Red Pearl
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Turtlewax Ice brand liquid clay bar? How does this compare to a regular clay bar? I would like to clay bar my car and was thinking of going with the Turtlewax liquid stuff just because it looks so much easier to do. They're basically the same price, so if the liquid "clay bar" works just as good as the traditional, I'd be stupid not to use it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was tempted to try the liquid stuff too once because around here it's about $10 cheaper than the real thing. Was expecting to read more detailed comments about it coming into this thread. I ended up buying the Meguiars clay bar kit and did an awesome job, only had to use half of the bottle and one of the two clay bars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just used the meguiars clay bar kit and the meguiars nxt wax stuff last night and its worked amazing. Car feels and looks so much smoother.

·
Cassis Red Pearl
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm just wondering if anybody who responded has actually tried the liquid stuff, or if they just assume the original clay bar works better. I wouldn't doubt that it does, but I want to know if anyone has tried the liquid stuff, and what their thoughts about it are...

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
I have used real clay bars countless times and I have purchased the liquid clay bar..have yet to use it...I will probably use it this weekend and report back some findings

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've used P21S Paint Cleansing lotion which is similar to a chemical (liquid) claybar and I was not very happy with it. I will usually clay the car with a standard claybar first, then polish the car, then use the P21S lotion to remove any extra polish that might be left behind, then seal and wax afterward. I am basically just using it up since I have it.

I attempted to use the cleansing lotion first instead of claying, but I could still feel A LOT of imperfections on the paint when I was done, I just had to go back over the car with the claybar afterward, so it was a wasted step.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.