I've heard of Liquid wrench:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
What are you going to use it on?

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
It's the polish/wax, right. Is it the one with the 50's style corvette on the front in a gold can. If so, that is some good stuff. I use it on my legend. Real easy to rub off.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Liquid Glass has been around forever. At least in the late 80s and early 90s when I first took note of it. I used it before and think it is okay, but nothing extra ordinary. Maybe you just need professional buffers to make full use of these car waxes, as they all seem about the same to me when you apply it by hand.

G

·
ChrisK said:
Liquid Glass has been around forever. At least in the late 80s and early 90s when I first took note of it. I used it before and think it is okay, but nothing extra ordinary. Maybe you just need professional buffers to make full use of these car waxes, as they all seem about the same to me when you apply it by hand.
So true... I think that's why eveyone likes zanio.. because it is a polymer based wax instead of a carbuna based wax... So evey coat you apply you keep building, and building, and building,.....:D

You develop an armor coat on the car as well as a deep shine..

I will be investing in some come May.:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
ZANIO WAX????????????

Where can I purchase some of this wax and how much does it cost?

G

·
I'm getting scared

I was checking on the old forums and someone said they had Enkei's w/ a 42+ offset and 225/40/18's and they experienced rubbing and the Legend wasn't even lowered..

Someone suggested that he should have gotten 215/40/18's instead of the 225's...

But every time someone brings this up or as I do all the time they say " oh it's fine there will be no rubbing"

Also I did a search for 215 tires and cant find any that I like.. and I want Khumos but they don't have them..

Looks like i'm SOL...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Re: I'm getting scared

Thai.95LCoupe said:
I was checking on the old forums and someone said they had Enkei's w/ a 42+ offset and 225/40/18's and they experienced rubbing and the Legend wasn't even lowered..

Someone suggested that he should have gotten 215/40/18's instead of the 225's...

But every time someone brings this up or as I do all the time they say " oh it's fine there will be no rubbing"

I've never said this. I personally have always quoted a minimum of +45mm. I use a +46mm on a 17X7 rim and I am borderline myself. When I had my stock ride height and used 215/50/17 tires I would often rub in the back under hard cornering. Yes, 215/45 mostly cured that problem, but we are talking a few mm difference in over all diamter, so that shows how close it is. I still say the optimum is a +48- +50 in a 7" wide rim. My friend had a +47 on his 94GS Sedan, and while he was a bit better than I was and did not rub, it was still very close.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:

So true... I think that's why eveyone likes zanio.. because it is a polymer based wax instead of a carbuna based wax... So evey coat you apply you keep building, and building, and building,.....:D

You develop an armor coat on the car as well as a deep shine..

I will be investing in some come May.:D
Another alternative to Zaino with less steps is Finish First Car Polish. It is based on the same principle as Zaino with less steps.
I started using this about a year ago and love it. I haven't tried Zaino but I know there have been people that switched from Zaino to Finish First because of the same results with less steps.
Check it out. www.finishfirstautopolish.com If it's good enough for Ferraris it's good enough for my Legend.
http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/clean.html

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I've seen the effects of Zaino on LegendGS's car. Absolutly amazing. AS for me, I'm a dedicated Meguiars user. Partally because of my involvement in the "general" import scene and also because my high school senior wallet can take the hit of Meguiars but not Zaino at the moment. I'm fairly content with the quality of Meguiars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm a Zymol man myself. I'v been using that stuff fro years and I LOVE it.

Liquid glass - I would'nt let that stuff touch any car of mine even if you paid me. I don't think it even contains any wax. Sure your car will look good, bat at what cost to your paint. It's highly flamable - that should tell you something.

If you want to get your paint looking real good you should use a clay bar product like Clay Magic, it will get alot of crap out of your paint and give you a good base to start with.
Make sure you chose a wax that contains at least 15% carnuba and no silicones or petrolums in it. Zymols "Carbon" series wax was made for Honda paints in mind.
Whatever brand of wax you decide to go with (Zymol or Zaino) be sure to get their acompanying polish, there usually made to work together.
One last tip. Get yourself some of those microfiber polising towels, you'll save yoursell alot of work.

That my .02 on the whole issue, good luck!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
ngthing said:
liquid glass, that's redundant, last time i checked, glass was a liquid :)
Not eveyone knows that. I only learned that about 12 years ago when I was in high schood. :) All the years before that I was clueless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts