Acura Legend Forum banner

What day can you make it for a meet?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What'd up? Wow it's been forever since I've been on the site. As many of you don't know my car has been broken =(. It's been out of service for about a month now while the BMW gets driven. After washing my car, and backing it up in the driveway, grey white smoke started to come out of the engine bay. I turned off the car and opened the hood, and it seems that a bearing came loose off one of the belts (I believe the ac belt). So finally the car is getting towed into the shop and updates will be posted.

But now to the fun part. Summer meets. I'd like to get a summer bbq party thrown together especially since its been months since we all have spoke and gotten together. Ill start sending pms out to everyone. Chime in with posts (Wyatt, Jeremy, Justin, Phuong, Ike, Acidic, Wayne, Jimmy, Mario, etc)

I'd like to shoot for either a meet in the beginning in July or mid-July. Let me know what ya think.

Updates will be made as the thread grows...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mid July or toward the end of July sound fine with me, as long as I don't know in advance if there are any travels I have to make during that time, we'll see how is everyone else's plants then I can go from there.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'll keep checking for updates... With the $$$ going out on the GS and now the coupe (in for strip down and paint), NALM is out of the question.
Not much progrees on the coupe, they did work most the dings out without body work (Bondo). Looks 100% better. There will be some minor body work involved and replacing the left fender. Have brand new oem to go on it.
As soon as they start tearing it down I'll be posting a new thread with lots of pics.
Been wanting to do this for a few years...

WW:2cool:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for dropping in. I got my car towed in. It seems the valve covers and gaskets were leaking thus causing the smoke. They said it needed an oil change also. I should have it back tomorrow. Yay. =D

Looks like we are shooting for June 14th or 21th for our next meet. I'm thinking BBQ and cruise. Outta be fun. Hope everyone can make it.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
Looks like we are shooting for June 14th or 21th for our next meet. I'm thinking BBQ and cruise. Outta be fun. Hope everyone can make it.
My house should be available...just BYOB and meat and maybe chair :p, and enjoy the pool and the environment.

as far as cruising, I live off 1960, in the trafficy area, so not much fun driving here. BUT it is only 3 or so miles from I45 north, so...not hard to get anywhere, as well as only 3-5 miles from beltway, so again easy.

We need to get a set date so I can get everything ship shape over here, and depending on what wedding presents ($$$$$) we get this coming weekend, I might have the Legend up and running and registered...a G1 coupe.

but I'm available for anything, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks everyone for dropping in. I got my car towed in. It seems the valve covers and gaskets were leaking thus causing the smoke. They said it needed an oil change also. I should have it back tomorrow. Yay. =D

Should clean out those oil drips after valve covers and gaskets fixed then you won't see any more smokes ...

Nope, June 14th or 21th won't work for me. I'll leaving town and head to Vegas for company training seminar during that week then back in town again. Not sure when I have to travel to Germany some time this year after Vegas.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm having way too many problems and i'm thinking of selling the Legend or trading it in as down payment on a new car. My car has been down the past week cause I've been waiting on an alternator that was supposed to come in today, but UPS rescheduled it for next tuesday. Too much crap and not enough money.

PS. Wes, I have 2 sets of wheels, lol, but i've been riding around without the donut in the back cause of my amps....probably not a good idea.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm having way too many problems and i'm thinking of selling the Legend or trading it in as down payment on a new car. My car has been down the past week cause I've been waiting on an alternator that was supposed to come in today, but UPS rescheduled it for next tuesday. Too much crap and not enough money.

PS. Wes, I have 2 sets of wheels, lol, but i've been riding around without the donut in the back cause of my amps....probably not a good idea.
i know the feeling but i still couldnt see getting rid of it but then of course a G1 really wont fetch much even spotless which mine is far from.

replaced my alt a few weeks ago..... replaced some radiator hose and now.... God knows what its gonna cost to repair overheated to the point of exploding my Over Flow tank..... id never even heard of that.... but it happened to me this morning..... bright side is...... more days off.... bad thing is 3 weeks from now when i see that paycheck ill be :bigcry: more than normal.

on topic though hopefully ill have current issues delt with and wont have any new ones pop up cause i dont know of any plans i have for june.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know its last minute, but anyone down for a brief get together for Memorial Wkend?

·
Registered
822 Posts
nice paint, finally someone goes with blue, thought i was the only one wanting that color scheme, although with my engine bay anything that isnt covered in oil and dirt would be an improvement.

still planned for june?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.