Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,146 Posts
Yeah I have heard of it, but I would check the K&N website for more information and the actual price before bidding. Good luck! I love hearing of someone working on a Legend!
Later!
Lee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
K&N makes good products they're filters are very durable, they supposedly have a 1 millon cleaning and reusing garantee or something like that:rolleyes:
 

·
has left the building
Joined
·
7,217 Posts
El fako----

According to K&N's website, they don't make an intake for a G2 Legend. That may well be a K&N filter stuck on there but it looks like a polished Weapon-R Hyper intake to me. Also, look at the support bracket----
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
looks like they just put the K&N sticker they got from the filter and put it on the generic intake tube. pretty slick.

-j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
cool beans............... i got a weapon r intake and i paid close to 200.00 for mine if u can get it i think you will enjoy it......

good luck

thanks
richard:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Re: El fako----

stevieray said:
According to K&N's website, they don't make an intake for a G2 Legend. That may well be a K&N filter stuck on there but it looks like a polished Weapon-R Hyper intake to me. Also, look at the support bracket----
AHHHHH THE BASTARDS:mad: :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I look at it like this.. For mods go for quality... I mean you wouldnt get brain surgery for 200$ if the actual cost was 1000$...
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
Re: Gonna buy one...but 91? Experts opinion?

likeparty said:
I am going to buy one of these intakes.
I will let you guys know how it works out.Is it possible there is something different about a 91 that will make this intake incompatible? The listing says 92-95, :confused:
No..you should be fine!

I used the same WEapon R intake from my 91 motor on my 95 Type II motor...no problems..AND, *ahem*, it has TCS!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered my Weapon-R intake last week, and should be getting it on Monday (it was supposed to get here last friday). All of my friends have been like, "You bought a Weapon-R!?!?!, that stuff is crap!!!"

What's the deal you guys, everyone was making it sound like its the best intake out there for our legends, is it? I got the Dragon Intake with the CAI kit.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Gonna buy one...but 91? Experts opinion?

likeparty said:
I am going to buy one of these intakes.
I will let you guys know how it works out.Is it possible there is something different about a 91 that will make this intake incompatible? The listing says 92-95, :confused:
No, the only thing that is different from any of the other Legends is the ones that have TCS, because the intake needs to be smaller I believe. In 91 there was no TCS so you have nothing to worry about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Gonna buy one...but 91? Experts opinion?

I am going to buy one of these intakes.
I will let you guys know how it works out.Is it possible there is something different about a 91 that will make this intake incompatible? The listing says 92-95, :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
This won't mess with me when it's time for my emissions test will it? Because the way you guys make this thing sound, makes me think it's a must to have. Holla Back
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I ordered my Weapon-R intake last week, and should be getting it on Monday (it was supposed to get here last friday). All of my friends have been like, "You bought a Weapon-R!?!?!, that stuff is crap!!!"

What's the deal you guys, everyone was making it sound like its the best intake out there for our legends, is it? I got the Dragon Intake with the CAI kit.
forget them...they have access to AEM and such , so they feel that WR is bad....back in the day they had a little rep, but another aftermarket spot did too! Same thing! These are great, and no, no problems with emissions...I took mine with it on...passed
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top