Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
One of the worst things you can do to a car is NOT drive it. I'd bet the brake system needs a complete overhaul and wouldn't be surprised if the engine is all rusty inside. Suspension bushing are probably all siezed up to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the special storage places they put these cars in wouldn't that stop the rust and stuff?? Acuralegend.com is having is coupe in storage for 3 yrs.. They have to have places that keep the cars for that long so they dont getting rusted.. Climate controled enviroment.. Mabey the car was driven 38 times.. A mile a month or something...:D

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
It doesn't have the original battery, so I don't want it :p Serousely, though that is a really high price. Defently not worth it if you are going to drive it, seems like it's a collectors only car, although I don't know if a Supra will every really be worth mush as a collector car either.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
One of the worst things you can do to a car is NOT drive it. I'd bet the brake system needs a complete overhaul and wouldn't be surprised if the engine is all rusty inside. Suspension bushing are probably all siezed up to.
agree 100%

even low mileage cars, you HAVE to drive them.
what's the point?

It's like having a house u never live in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
infinite said:
$60 grand? :eek: F`UCK THAT!!! It is still just a supra. For that much I would put a nice down payment on an M5.
Hmm never thought about that... Or buy an NSX... Or used the 50K to build a TT Legend Coupe!:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:

Hmm never thought about that... Or buy an NSX... Or used the 50K to build a TT Legend Coupe!:D
Hmmm good idea there, a TT Legend Coupe, i'll work on the TT Legend Sedan.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would rather have this supra for 58k

http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?3=1859.
buy supra for like $33k with low miles and put 25k into car.

almost bought a 94' supra 6 months ago. Silver/black,114k,no acc.,clean title,$10k cash only,firm.BUT it was an automatic,If it was 8k I would have bought it just forlooks alone, he sold car 2 days after ad.

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
Re: I would rather have this supra for 58k

gen2c said:

almost bought a 94' supra 6 months ago. Silver/black,114k,no acc.,clean title,$10k cash only,firm.BUT it was an automatic,If it was 8k I would have bought it just forlooks alone, he sold car 2 days after ad.
wow, you could have bought it for 10k and turned it around for a quick 5k-6k or so, that is assuming it was a turbo with no mechanical problems.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Ha! That guy's been advertising in AUTOWEEK for a while now... all the guys/girls on supraforums are making fun of him... WAY WAY too much to ask... give me an RSP TT anyday, but not that 10 year old red one... no matter how many miles it has...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just was so shocked that it only had 38 miles on it and was Brand New... If I saw Any Legend G2 LS or GS (Sedan or Coupe) (Auto or 6-speed) in that conditon and that many miles i'de buy it and put in in my basement next to the pool table..:D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: I would rather have this supra for 58k

gen2c said:

Nothing wrong with an automatic. If you were going for speed on a supra with the stock twin turbo setup or a single turbo conversion the automatic would be faster than a manual.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Re: Re: I would rather have this supra for 58k

infinite said:

Nothing wrong with an automatic. If you were going for speed on a supra with the stock twin turbo setup or a single turbo conversion the automatic would be faster than a manual.
Tell that to the single turbo guys with autos who have gone through a few transmissions... I've even seen the Level 10 trans let go... if you're single and you're running an auto (for drag), it had better be a hydrostatic 2- or 3-speed...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Re: Re: I would rather have this supra for 58k

infinite said:

I totally agree that nothing wrong with auto,but a supra is like a car that everyone and there grandma will race, even if they know they'll lose.And I wouldn't have enough money to to do conversion/turbo,nor would I feel comfortable spending 18k on a older car if I did have the money. Thats not taking in to account one would incur with repairs of it stock in stock form. My cousin beat a 93 supra auto in his 94 vtec prelude with only intake and exhaust.I could not justify buying car, and getting beat by a freakin civic.Don't get me wrong though I love supras, just there is so much expected out of a supra that this one couldn't live up to (in my hands).Very hard decision It looked so sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts