Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.
I'm undecided as of yet though.
On the one hand, I figure that the material it's made of would do a pretty decent job of creating a solid seal.
On the other hand, it's such a simple step to add a tiny amount of weather-proofing that it's hard to resist the added insurance and peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Lucky bastad you are Mark :D ...I too have been looking for this piece, but nada so far :(

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
touchup paint around the holes and you should be fine. if you're paranoid, put a layer of sealant around where the studs go into the trunklid.
thanks ken thats great advise.:thumbsup:
<~~~ JEALOUS! Looks great Mark!!

You could practice on one at the junk yard too and then make a template for your own trunk....you know to avoid any "mistakes" :D
i am so apprehensive about drilling into my trunk, i am almost tempted to take it to a shop for the drilling just to be sure it is done right.

U also put 2 sided 3M tape along the top and side edges to give the wing added support and contact.
thanks nd i will be doing this as well, thanks for the advise, my legend is rust free and i want to keep it that way.

In the pics, aren't you holding it out from the car too much? I mean doesn't it go up against the car more? Nice find.
yeah i am holding it father away from the car because the bolts are sticking out the other side and i didn't want to it to scratch the trunk. when its installed it sits flush up against the trunk.
Lucky bastad you are Mark :D ...I too have been looking for this piece, but nada so far :(
truth be told ferjie I never knew these existed for sedans, I also got lucky with it being white already too! I need to clean it up, it has grease all over it any tips?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
From this:

To this:

Do a reverse with brown wraping paper to get where the holes should be drilled...then tape it to the trunk to mark the proper locations. Then take your time drilling and it should work out OK!

Yes.....it's the same coupe....that I bought in Utah and had rebuilt !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.