Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know I have too much Time on my hands. My daughter and wife are over the inlaws. So I decided to paint my rotors and do a little baking.

This is the first quiet sunday I've had in a LONG time !!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's a clean oven.

·
Registered
386 Posts
BAKING IN THE OVEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering. Did you use Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Bisquick, or Duncan Hines cross drilled rotor cake mix? I bet they taste yummy and your car stops on a dime and still gives you change. You have the best of both worlds a car thats stop on a dime and if you're ever stranded and get really hungry you can always eat the rotors he he he he. Nice job.:D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY ROTORS.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

STOP THAT AT THIS MOMENT!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey, what the hell are you doing? Did it finish baking? what else do you do when your home alone??? I hope thats the craziest thing you've done.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Hey Esti... They look nice man :)

I was just wondering though... Will baking the paint have a large effect on the rotors? I mean they get quite hot themselves... I used Ford Engine Blue engine paint (600degree) paint and it's turned brown on me where it meets the surface of the rotors... :( I will have to repaint them come spring.

I've baked other parts in the oven before, especially when I do restoration jobs but I have never baked parts that were designed to run hot (such as headers or an engine block).

Does baking the rotors help prevent this color tarnishing by any chance?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What my wife doesn't know won't hurt her.

I just have to figure out a way to get the paint smell out of the oven :D

Don't worry about the rotors Jose , they are in good hands.

I got the idea from a friend of mine at work that does more car stuff then I do.
The paint that I used is "Plasti-Kote" Hi-temo paint- It says it resists heat to 1500 degrees F. and ideal for headrers and exhaust manifolds.

On the directions it says that you have to let dry for 1 hour and then bake 1 hour (it's says 650 degrees in non-household oven- so I just put it at 300 degrees)
It also says that if it not properly cured then the paint will just rub off with your hands. (That's true)

I'm probably going to give it a second coat and rebake. Only time will tell if I'm really doing anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts