Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Some of you may remember I lost my 94 Six speed GS last year in a crash.

I am finally looking to buy again. I am looking at a nice Legend later today.

It's a 1993 LS Coupe, Six speed.

THe seller says he's babied the car, and from the sound of him, he's a sincere fellow (I always try to talk to them in person to get a feel), either way, he sounds sincere so far.

THe mileage on the car, hmmmmm, it is high, at 215, 000 miles. But I'm looking for a car that I can use now, and upgrade in two years (i.e modify it, NOT sell it again)
Plus, I understand lots of high-mileage engines on the Legend are still dependable.
Is there anything specific to look or listen for, or is it just too high?

Another thing, the price now is $3900, and I'm hoping to talk him down a couple hundred. It won't be easy, since he is claiming he might want to keep the car if there's not much interest, because he is a Legend lover himself. I figure that might make talking the price down a bit harder.

I really appreciate any help or input from you guys, so thanks in advance!

Pascal

·
Registered
309 Posts
i got my 93ls coupe for $2500 and it had only 183,000 mi on it. Nothing wrong with it except for the leather. You should be able to get him to lower the price, $3900 is kinda pricey (especially for a car with over 200,000 miles), just check your local craig's list everyday, thats how i got mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the responses, it looks as if no one really gives a crap, but I'm happy as can be anyway.

So here's the deal. First of all, my mistake, but it was a 1995 Coupe, not a 1993.

I've driven it and looked it over, up, and under.
In spite of the 205k mileage, the engine is smoother than the one in my old Legend's. Legend has been garaged, and there is documentation for all of the car's year's service.

It's beautiful, the paint job is in good nick, no rust, and everything is totally stock. The owner is a very careful driver, and the engine behaves accordingly in that it's smooth, quiet and responsive.

And so I have gone ahead and bought it! So I am back in the club, folks! I now own a 1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe - Six speed. Not sure what to call the colour. It's Champaign Gold, although I am not sure if that is Honda's designation.

I'll be back off and on as I add mods to it, of course. Starting with the holy bolt-on trinity: Intake, Exhaust, Chip. With an added Cat change.
Probably keep it stock from that point on, unless something really good comes by. Maybe consider the port and polish option and headers for another 2 to 5 per cent power increase.
But that's down the road yet. I'm going to enjoy my new Legend!!

Cheers,
Pascal

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looking at the responses, it looks as if no one really gives a crap, but I'm happy as can be anyway.

So here's the deal. First of all, my mistake, but it was a 1995 Coupe, not a 1993.

I've driven it and looked it over, up, and under.
In spite of the 205k mileage, the engine is smoother than the one in my old Legend's. Legend has been garaged, and there is documentation for all of the car's year's service.

It's beautiful, the paint job is in good nick, no rust, and everything is totally stock. The owner is a very careful driver, and the engine behaves accordingly in that it's smooth, quiet and responsive.

And so I have gone ahead and bought it! So I am back in the club, folks! I now own a 1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe - Six speed. Not sure what to call the colour. It's Champaign Gold, although I am not sure if that is Honda's designation.

I'll be back off and on as I add mods to it, of course. Starting with the holy bolt-on trinity: Intake, Exhaust, Chip. With an added Cat change.
Probably keep it stock from that point on, unless something really good comes by. Maybe consider the port and polish option and headers for another 2 to 5 per cent power increase.
But that's down the road yet. I'm going to enjoy my new Legend!!

Cheers,
Pascal
post some pics of it

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome back! A '95 makes a difference over it being a '93. How much did you end up getting it for? Sounds like a good deal either way from how you described it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts