Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my stereo system without losing the volume controls for my steering wheel. What setup out there have people used with the factory unit with aftermarket speakers that works and sounds good? I found a replacement amp from a Bose Upgrade site but unsure if anyone has tried it.

Click here for Bose Upgrade amp

I want to replace the front and rear speakers with little if no modifications. Maybe add a powered sub in the truck.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
can't go wrong with Crutchfield magazine......lots of info in there

·
Registered
689 Posts
Retaining the use of the Acura Legend remote buttons hasn't really been done w/ aftermarket audio systems. as far as i've researched, none of the mainstream brands sell anything to connect to factory volume/radio controls. the only way i could see retaining this would be to fashion some kind of electrical control to an aftermarket amp (controlling the amount of signal going from the deck to the amp), but then you're dealing with a gauranteed loss of signal quality. Maybe that upgrade device you mentioned can help this...

If you're just going to add a sub to the stock deck, you should be able to do it for under $200; make sure to get an amp that include high level inputs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Retaining the use of the Acura Legend remote buttons hasn't really been done w/ aftermarket audio systems. as far as i've researched, none of the mainstream brands sell anything to connect to factory volume/radio controls. the only way i could see retaining this would be to fashion some kind of electrical control to an aftermarket amp (controlling the amount of signal going from the deck to the amp), but then you're dealing with a gauranteed loss of signal quality. Maybe that upgrade device you mentioned can help this...
actually there's a company out there that makes a device that will make the factory steering wheel remote work with ANY aftermarket unit that has an IR remote capability. I forgot the company's name but I know it's out there, It'll run you about 40-50 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.