Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been awhile since I had my 1988 Legend Coupe with a 10" amplified Subwoofer in the trunk, since now I own a G2 1995 Coupe and 1994 GS Sedan, and wanted (Just for now) add a self contained Amplified Subwoofer box preferably in grey as the same color as the trunk carpet and square in shape (not round) so as it will not move around much in trunk. And any recommendations on hooking up Signal from rear speaker(s) to a bridged or Mono Amp setup.

In the past I have looked at Alpine, MTX, Kenwood, JBL, Infinity

Any good deals to be had on Ebay???

Appreciate any good advice for a middle of the road system
but do not want to spend over $300.00

Thanks, James:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gotcha covered!

Infinity has a real nice powered sub called the basslink. I can get you one brand new "A" stock (not refurbished) with full warranty from Infinity. 275.00 shipped to your door.
You can probably find them cheaper, but I'm legit,will stand behind it 100%, and will give you any tech support you need. Drop me a pm or email if your interested.

Check out this link for all the info you'll need.

Infinity basslink

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hey James, I would highly recommend against adding a sub to the stock system. If you have a Bose head unit, there are 2 major issues with this. First, the head unit has a heavy loudness circuit in it that can not be switched off. Meaning, the bass is at max when your head unit is at 30% volume. This helps to make stock speakers sound beefy at lower volumes, but to a real sub, it will end up being way to loud at lower volumes, and not loud enough at higher volumes. Second, Bose signals are also heavily equalized, ideally you would want a unmolested signal going to your sub. If you want to go all out on a system later, you might as well wait and save your money for the real thing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
DONT buy those self amplified units, for the same amount of money I can build you a a small box with amplifier on top, and it will sound twice as good as any of those pre built ones.

for example, for 250 bucks, I an build you a box with a quality 10, 300 watt amp, and ready to be hooked up :)

and if you can find a pre bult unit, be it basslink, or bazooka or kicker substation that can outperform this, I would be really surpirsed :)

b

1 - 4 of 4 Posts