Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a used car.

What recommendations do you have??

I already have 2 Acura Legends and if I do buy another Acura Legend it has to be a GS 6sp but unfortunately funds are tight.

I'm looking to spend about $4000 - $6000.
So far my wife and I discussed:
91-95 Acura Legend (5sp) for around $5000
91-93 Lexus LS400 for around $6000
95-98 Nissan Maxima (5sp) for around $5000

Anything else??

Thanks~~

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Who will be the primary driver and how much experience does this person have using a manual transmission? Stick vehicles usually incur higher maintenance costs.

My wife has an older Maxima which has approx. the same mileage as my Legend. The Maxima has required less repairs than the Legend.

Another consideration is to what extent do you plan on performing any DIY repairs and/or preventative maintenance. The Nissan service manuals provide less info than the HELM.

If this were my decision I would first consider a Camry, then a Maxima, followed by an Accord. The Lexus is a full-size vs intermediate and is a different class altogether.

I believe that it was around 94 -95 that Camry had a Cpe. available with a 6 cylinder and loaded. Very nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.