Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought everything was getting better....

Yesterday it felt "sticky" taking it out of third... it seemed to want to keep it there... it went away...

I came off the freeway and turned left at the light today and heard this whirling type liquid noise... After that I couldn't put it into third at all... hrrrmmmm.. I go about a mile and hear the whirling noise again just before I turned left again... and now I have the use of third again....

I go another mile and turn left again into parking lot... and now I can't use first when I went to park...

Could this be a bad clutch.... I hope that's all it is... The damn thing shudders like you wouldn't believe when going from stop... I had just gotten used to it... I can't get used to losing gears...

Lemme Know what you think..
~Mike~

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE.....

I NEED A NEW TRANNY, sychros are shot.... this sucks.... I've called 4 different places here... No Go... I've got 87 2.5L 4Door 5speed.... Any help here... I bet I can only use one from a sedan eh???

Crap Crap Crap.......

~Mike~

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i knew the clutch was on its way out... but would a clutch stop me from shifting into a certain gear??? i could go to all the other gears but third... then third came back later on but lost 1st... hhrrmm..

well i've priced out the only tranny in the lower mainland... $300 CDN.. 165,000 KM not bad...

Don't know if i mentioned.. but last time i took it in... I was 2L low in the tranny.. it's only a 3.5L right... that's more than half... this is why i've decided to get a newer tranny... and clutch... renewed flywheel.. all new seals... this outta do it...

I'm just gonna get an O.E.. equiv clutch.. even that is hard to find right now...

ah well...
~Mike~

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Does anyone know where to get rebuild kits for these things? I would hate to price it out at the stealership .... because i know i need a new flywheel too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.