Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im only 14! i was working on my mom's 1990 coupe, i was tuning it up while i wait for my premit, but now i have decided to back to my old hobby R/C racing! I'll miss you guys. But im still deciding to buy preformance mods on the side, and keep it in my room untill i completely take over the monster.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Geeez man, your username is appropriate...You a youngin..:) Ya, I used to be in to r/c cars.....Like I'd get a new one each Christmas....Don't leave us, keep up the legend work...:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know you'll all miss me so badly, just kidding. But yeah i was planing to get a Bolink nitro top furl dragster, probablly get it to hit 100's. Run it down my friends street, he's the one that wants to do the engine tuning for me, i'll still probably be on the fourms once in awhile i'll have pics of my dragster pretty soon. haven't even bought it yet =)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good luck man...

now all you have to do is figure how to transfer the power to weight ratio from your r/c drag car to your moms legend ...

your assignment is above, you have two years to do it (before your 16)
upon completion of you assignment, you have to take a plethora of pics and post step by step directions, so we all can have 1500 HP Legends....:D

take care man,

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Good luck man...

Bukowski=Legend said:
now all you have to do is figure how to transfer the power to weight ratio from your r/c drag car to your moms legend ...

your assignment is above, you have two years to do it (before your 16)
upon completion of you assignment, you have to take a plethora of pics and post step by step directions, so we all can have 1500 HP Legends....:D

take care man,
Hey man,
Aren't we putting a little too much undue pressure on the young man?

:p

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guess rc plan didn't work out, my mom can't support us anymore for awhile, so i guess none of my plans are going to start for a few months, or years. See you guys around.

·
Registered
583 Posts
hey

sorry to hear that man.
From what you've already done with your moms ride, it looks like you have a positive future ahead.

best wishes,
buk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know how it feels to be broke, I have a 1990 Acura Legend L coupe 5-speed with 210,000k on it. I hope to god it does not breakdown because I would be up 's creek without a paddle. Good luck. BTW: Isn't the Sunlite guitar company in Santa Clara?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry im not too sure of sunlite guitar the only music place i've heard of is the straving musician. Im suprised for 210k miles your tranny hasn't gone out yet, the tranny on the legend i had was going bad, the reverse didn't work anymore and you couldn't put it in parking. It was really strange.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
lilboi tony said:
sorry im not too sure of sunlite guitar the only music place i've heard of is the straving musician. Im suprised for 210k miles your tranny hasn't gone out yet, the tranny on the legend i had was going bad, the reverse didn't work anymore and you couldn't put it in parking. It was really strange.
Maybe the transmission linkage needed adjustment. My first car had an automatic with a racheting shifter. I used it quite a bit and I encountered a similar problem. All I had to due was tighten things up and things were back to normal.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
It has been two years since your original post... Does that mean you're 16 now and are driving the Legend?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
2 years....

pacallen said:
It has been two years since your original post... Does that mean you're 16 now and are driving the Legend?
Actually I noticed that too. Yngwie digging up the post struck me first. The fact that the post was answered was very surprising...

·
Registered
322 Posts
i was into rc racing at one point in time but not latley....a buddy of mine has a rail dragster he built it has a 9t motor and will go about 85mph...i will have my car a the meat so if anyone else has one bring it out

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im 17 now, the legend was sold a year ago. I am now in the process of buying a 1993 rx7.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts