Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my weight!!! Rim weight. What is the ideal weight per rims 17's,18's,chrome,silver,etc. I know everyone shoots for the lowest weight for racing reasons I'm sure, but whats ideal weight in your own opinion?

I hope I spelled "weight" correct.:confused:

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Many people go by one lb. per inch rule. So idea weights would be:

15 lbs for 15" rim
16 lbs for 16" rim
17 lbs for 17" rim, etc.

Keep in mind different tires weigh differently too, and the tire is at the farthest end of the spinning mass.

·
Registered
847 Posts
the thing is that most 17X7's are well over 20lb, and only very few that a 17lb or under... Not to mention that we have even smaller choice because of offset~

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
You are correct Claus, but it's a subjective question anyway, ie. what's an idea wheel weight? I guess perfectly ideal is 0 lbs.

My rims are 17*7, 50mm offset, 18 lbs, $150 each. If I were to get rims now, I'd go with OZ Superleggeras (17*7, 48mm offset, 15 lbs each, prob about $300 per rim).

Obviously price is a consideration for most of us. I don't believe in spending over $300 per rim, unless your main goal with modding the car is to show off the rims. But if someone were to give me a set of Volks I wouldn't refuse. I'm not stupid...usually.

·
Registered
847 Posts
ahaha, but for some people(e.g. a few of my friends), really need to spend big $$ to get forged wheels or they will bend the rims all the time, lol~

Yeah, OZ Superleggera is only 15.4 lbs, and Superleggera Evolution at 18lbs. However, all other 17X7 line ups they offer are in between 20~27lbs.

I have a Wheel Name, Size, Make, & Weight chart(too bad Offset and other characteristics are not included), if any body is willing to host the chart, let me know!! I'll e-mail it to you. But sorry, no private emailling:p My mail box will blow if everyone replies back:D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAMN, I guess I am overweight. So call me fat boy. My 18x7.5 chrome Giovanna Corsicas weigh in at a whopping 28lbs each. Who can top that?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
As for me, I wanna get a set of RH CP-10's for my car. I'll even go for something like an Advan Racing rim (the ones that look like SSR Comp. wheels 6 spoke). I think that Volk TE-37's don't really go with the lines of the Legend (both 1st and 2nd gen), but I think the Volk SE-37K will go nicely, depending on color.

·
Registered
191 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
DAMN, I guess I am overweight. So call me fat boy. My 18x7.5 chrome Giovanna Corsicas weigh in at a whopping 28lbs each. Who can top that?
Oh man, those are some SWEET A$$ rims. I wanted to get those rims so bad but they were on back order everywhere. Can you post a pic of you Legend with those rims? Thanks.

-GR

·
Registered
327 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
SORRY, my 18x7.5 with tires weight in at 33lbs each:D with a dirty offset of +42 (can you say rubbing:cool: :cool: )
The funny thing is that my rim has like 10 very little lines (double five star) and chrome, they look like little pencils holing up my car.:eek:
oh well

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eye Candy said:

SORRY, my 18x7.5 with tires weight in at 33lbs each:D with a dirty offset of +42 (can you say rubbing:cool: :cool: )
The funny thing is that my rim has like 10 very little lines (double five star) and chrome, they look like little pencils holing up my car.:eek:
oh well
ahhh, no rubber my man. Mine weigh 28lbs with no rubber. :D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eye Candy said:

oh well
aahhh, no rubber my man. My weigh 28lbs without the rubber.:D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GenIILegend said:

Oh man, those are some SWEET A$$ rims. I wanted to get those rims so bad but they were on back order everywhere. Can you post a pic of you Legend with those rims? Thanks.

-GR
In due time. I have pics on my digi cam, but my USB upload cable is busted. Will post soon. What is you email address I may be able to send them to you through another source.

Oh NO, BACKORDER !!! Nahh, dont think so. Who were you buying them through. I ordered through Giovanna directly. Discount Tire will order them through the cheapest source and 99% of the time the rims will be slightly defective, but they won't tell you that. I almost got caught up in that madness. Stay away from a place called "SUPERBUYTIRES.COM" <--Defective rims, TRUST ME!!!

They have great prices, but for a reason. DEFECTIVE!!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just checked the enkei site and saw that my 17" RF-1's weigh 18.06lbs. Not too bad for 17's I guess, but they were cheap and have lasted me four years with no bends. And as rainman says, "Yeah, I'm an excellent driver, yeah!" :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
I just checked the enkei site and saw that my 17" RF-1's weigh 18.06lbs. Not too bad for 17's I guess, but they were cheap and have lasted me four years with no bends. And as rainman says, "Yeah, I'm an excellent driver, yeah!" :D
actually that's pretty good for 17". I would say that anything under 20lbs is good, under 17lbs is execellent, and under 15lbs is like a dream:D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Hey Cakedaddy

Shad_93LSCoupe said:
I was looking at the Corsica's just the other day. Those are nice! Can you send me a pic or two thru email? My address is [email protected]. Thanks!
I may be getting my hands on that extra usb cable to upload my pics by wednesday. I'll hook you up !!!

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Shad_93LSCoupe!!!!

I emailed you with the pic, but you email address "[email protected]" returns the mail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.