Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had be driving my brothers G2 sedan while i was doing a tranny swap in my G1 when the lower balljoint bolt started rubbing on the rim a little bit. I grinded a little bit of the bolt down just to get by. And i did the same about 3 weeks later and it was good for months. I got a call the other day from my brother who took the car down the myrtle beach when he moved to play golf, and he said that he had to grind a little more off the bolt and then later that day something happened and the entire suspension setup had shifted and ate up the rim!

Any ideas on a possible fix on this?, if i were to just replace the lower ball joint would that fix the problem? I let him take my prelude down with him and the G2 is just sitting in the parking lot. Please let me know if you have suggestions!!!

thanks

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It seems that are you are familiar with fixing cars, yet you chose to ignore the failing ball joint. For the love of god, replace the damn things if you love your brother and his car.

This is what happens when ball joints go bad

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't have the garage space to do the ball joints.........called my bro today.....he donated the car to some organization for a tax write off last week.......kinda bummed about it b/c it should've been an easy fix.....but o well it was a salvage title and we only spend $800 on it...... thanks for the quick feedback guys i appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.