Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Underground Legend said:
Did anyone order a lower tie bar off ebay,and have trouble with it being to short? What did you do to make it fit?
as far as i know, the only actual lower tie bar, is a one off peice that was made for chris K. you might have bought a sway bar that didnt fit. they had problems with those, but if you bought a tie bar, the most likely sold you an accord one that wont fit.

·
RX7-->Legend
343 Posts
Paradise said:
I have one and it fits goods, and works even better. I just sold another one to Keith H. I'm told that the tie bars are different for the coupe and the sedan.
just a quick question on that tie-bar,does it really work or make a noticeable difference??cuz' been really skeptical about how that little piece that is bounding 2 bolt can make any difference.......and if they do make a difference,do you know where i can still obtain one???Thanks!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
BuggyWu7 said:
just a quick question on that tie-bar,does it really work or make a noticeable difference??cuz' been really skeptical about how that little piece that is bounding 2 bolt can make any difference.......and if they do make a difference,do you know where i can still obtain one???Thanks!!!
YES, it really does make a difference, look at it this way, most of the support parts on our cars are stamped pice of sheet metal, which is strong don't get me wrong but if you brace that piece it makes it stiffer and strong. Think of it this way concrete is strong after it dries but if you place steal rebar in it it makes it about ten times stronger. If you want your car to track a little better through the corners then get one if not, you will be fine. I got mine on ebay, just keep your eyes open if you don't see one specificly made for your car, just measure the distance between the two bolts and ask for one in the length, it dosen't have to be exact beacuse there are adjustable with the nuts and bolts on the end. Good luck if you can't find one let me know I will get you one.

·
RX7-->Legend
343 Posts
Paradise said:
YES, it really does make a difference, look at it this way, most of the support parts on our cars are stamped pice of sheet metal, which is strong don't get me wrong but if you brace that piece it makes it stiffer and strong. Think of it this way concrete is strong after it dries but if you place steal rebar in it it makes it about ten times stronger. If you want your car to track a little better through the corners then get one if not, you will be fine. I got mine on ebay, just keep your eyes open if you don't see one specificly made for your car, just measure the distance between the two bolts and ask for one in the length, it dosen't have to be exact beacuse there are adjustable with the nuts and bolts on the end. Good luck if you can't find one let me know I will get you one.
good info,thanks a bunch....tats my next project,BTW do you know the distance by any chance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.