Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since my first offset question didn't work, let try this angle :D

Who has a lowered G1 with size 17 aftermarket rims?
Do u know the offset for your rims?
Do your wheels rub the top of the wheel well.

Please somone give me something:D

Thanks
Esti

·
Registered
583 Posts
17s

I'm getting my shyte together and should have mine mounted within two weeks. If you don't have an answer by then, I'll post the completed photos...

Attachments

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those rims look very similar to mine. What size tires are u using ?
Mine are 215/45. I have a feeling I may rub in the rear, but like you said we will see.

thanks Esti

·
Registered
583 Posts
wheel/tire combo

Havn't gotten wheels yet, but they're supposed to be 40mm offset and he had 205/45/17s on them. I was gonna measure real close (that means guess like hell) and try to go up to 215 or 225s. Not sure though.

I'm currently waiting on those wheels and still shopping for tires.
Also waiting on Intrax springs (claimed 1.75 drop) and Tokico struts.

·
Registered
180 Posts
well someone used a baseball bat, and bent the inside of the wheel wells, so when he loweres his car the wheels would drop into the wheel well's and not rub. If you want pictures e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey bukowski, what kind of rims are those, how much did they run you? They look really nice.

·
Registered
583 Posts
wheels and tyres : )

Swiped 'em from Ebay...
Guy said that they're "Advantage / 96". I just thought they would look fine on my ride for the right price of around $105 each :D

And I just picked up some 205/45/ZR/17s by Kumho (712s)
for $82.00 ea, :D again...

This is what they look like.... went with the 205s cause they were a deal. Will probably look at 215s for the next set...

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thats a great deal, did they come with tires from the guy you bought them from. Next time you see a great deal like that let me know, thats right in my price range:) Thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
no tires with the rims

the guy wanted $50-75 each for his 205s that were only H speed rated and had 2 years use on them so I passed... got a new set of ZRs for $50-100 more :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
get some 235/40R17's ...they fit the car just beautifully !!!! And they keep the speedo DEAD ON...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
cdndvl said:
get some 235/40R17's ...they fit the car just beautifully !!!! And they keep the speedo DEAD ON...
Im thinking about getting that size, My problem is, will I have a problem with a 2" intrax drop with a 235/40R17 size wheel

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
when my 3 fat kids sit in the back my unlowered G1 coupe rubs on the left side when cornering hard and fast.

·
Registered
309 Posts
my front tires rub, i got 215/45 i havnet had the back as low as it can go yet this summer they will all rub though, oh well my camber is about as bad as it can get so ill just buy new tires.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
slammedlegend said:
my front tires rub, i got 215/45 i havnet had the back as low as it can go yet this summer they will all rub though, oh well my camber is about as bad as it can get so ill just buy new tires.
I call a foul on your post. clipping/off sides

You cant complain about rubbing. You can lift yours up to avoid it. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
My car's pretty low and I have 17's w/ 215/40 tires. I have no problem with rub.

·
Registered
13 Posts
235/40 17's are too big unless you get an offset even higher than +40mm (which are hard to find) or you don't lower your car so your wheels don't hit the fenders (but that would look ugly and the wheels look like they stick out when it's not lowered)

With 17x7" rims, the best tire size w/o messing up your speedo and prevent rubbing is 215/45 17. This size of rim w/ a +40mm offset or higher WILL WORK, w/ absolutely no rubbing. Even w/ my car lowered up to 4" it JUS clears perfectly at the back.
Had I gone 225's, they'd rub, lower offset, again... rub.

(Jus in case you want to know the specs, the rims were 17x7" Konig Tantrums +40mm offset w/ 215/45 17 Yoko A520's on an 88 coupe, lowered 2"+ )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts