Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody, or have you heard of anybody lowering on 8" wide rims? I'm talking specifically about the Acura TL rims. They're 17x8. I've seen LEgends lowered on IS300 rims. The IS300 rims are only 17x7, but i'm in contact with someone about the TL rims. I'm not lowered right now, but lowering is in my plan for the future. They also look like they stick out a ways too. Any opinions?

·
xxiiajc
29 Posts
I would like to know also, just got a set of TL stock rims from a buddy moving out of state real cheap. I would like to know if I can just put them on my GS without any issues? I was reading other streams and they were talking about boring out the rims? Do you really need to do that?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yea i wanna kno also. The tires u guys prolly have are 235 righ on the TL wheels>?
yea I was thinking of going 17 by 8 also.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would like to know also, just got a set of TL stock rims from a buddy moving out of state real cheap. I would like to know if I can just put them on my GS without any issues? I was reading other streams and they were talking about boring out the rims? Do you really need to do that?
Yes you do have to bore. I believe it is 70.2mm

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
I am lowered on 17x8 wheels with a +45 offset. Doing just fine with 215/45/17 and 225/45/17 all around. Used to run 215 but run 225 now.. I will go back to 215 though as I like the stretch look.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
Also, there are plenty of members with TL wheels and lowered. You'll need 215/225 series tires to make it work without rubbing and bore the center out.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
damn i was thinkin 235 like the stock TL size or maybe even 245, i guess that wont work, has anyone tried 245/17 on a lowered legend

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
I will tell you right now it wont fit. 225(over sized by manufacturer) on a 17x8 and I am rubbing when I have passengers or hit a curve at 40+

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I dont understand how it wont, fit if i can fit 225 on my 6.5 wheel and 235 come stock on the TL 17" wheels(how can 245 not fit). Maybe they fit on my wheels because of the high side wall.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
o ur taling about the rubbing nvm, so ur saying it will rub really bad

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
yeah. They fir the wheel fine. You could put 245 on the wheels but dont expect everything to be perfect when you put them on the car.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
yeah. They fir the wheel fine. You could put 245 on the wheels but dont expect everything to be perfect when you put them on the car.
hmm ur prolly right, im gunna try my frends TL wheels 235/17 on my KA7 with Ksports its pretty low, ill tell ya what happns

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
its all about the offset.....if you can find a 17x8 rim thats 55-60mm, you could probably fit a 235/45 or 245/45 tire and NOT rub....but if you drop offset, the wheel sticks out wider and then you will rub...

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
TL wheels with out rubbing will require a 225 tyre. i have 235's on my 7.5in wide wheel with a +45 ofset and it rubs in the rear, and requires a roll. front is okay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ride 04 TL wheels with 235/45 17's and they rub in the front on dips and high radius turns. Suspension is stock. Just so you know I am waiting for my 235 Michelin pilots to wear out so I can go to a 225 series

·
xxiiajc
29 Posts
Well I talked to a couple of shops and it looks like $20 a rim to have them bored to 70.2mm. This means the center hub right, so the rim won't stick outside the fender lines?

·
xxiiajc
29 Posts
Well I talked to a couple of shops and it looks like $20 a rim to have them bored to 70.2mm. This means the center hub right, so the rim sits tighter to the car, so the rim won't stick outside the fender lines?

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Well I talked to a couple of shops and it looks like $20 a rim to have them bored to 70.2mm. This means the center hub right, so the rim won't stick outside the fender lines?
no, that just means that boring the rim out makes the rim fit on our abnormally large hub...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
its all about the offset.....if you can find a 17x8 rim thats 55-60mm, you could probably fit a 235/45 or 245/45 tire and NOT rub....but if you drop offset, the wheel sticks out wider and then you will rub...
good info man thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts