Acura Legend Forum banner

Lowered on 8" wide rims?

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Volk Racing 
#1 ·
Has anybody, or have you heard of anybody lowering on 8" wide rims? I'm talking specifically about the Acura TL rims. They're 17x8. I've seen LEgends lowered on IS300 rims. The IS300 rims are only 17x7, but i'm in contact with someone about the TL rims. I'm not lowered right now, but lowering is in my plan for the future. They also look like they stick out a ways too. Any opinions?

#2 ·
I would like to know also, just got a set of TL stock rims from a buddy moving out of state real cheap. I would like to know if I can just put them on my GS without any issues? I was reading other streams and they were talking about boring out the rims? Do you really need to do that?

#5 ·
I am lowered on 17x8 wheels with a +45 offset. Doing just fine with 215/45/17 and 225/45/17 all around. Used to run 215 but run 225 now.. I will go back to 215 though as I like the stretch look.

#6 ·
Also, there are plenty of members with TL wheels and lowered. You'll need 215/225 series tires to make it work without rubbing and bore the center out.

#8 ·
I will tell you right now it wont fit. 225(over sized by manufacturer) on a 17x8 and I am rubbing when I have passengers or hit a curve at 40+

#9 ·
I dont understand how it wont, fit if i can fit 225 on my 6.5 wheel and 235 come stock on the TL 17" wheels(how can 245 not fit). Maybe they fit on my wheels because of the high side wall.

#11 ·
yeah. They fir the wheel fine. You could put 245 on the wheels but dont expect everything to be perfect when you put them on the car.

#14 ·
its all about the offset.....if you can find a 17x8 rim thats 55-60mm, you could probably fit a 235/45 or 245/45 tire and NOT rub....but if you drop offset, the wheel sticks out wider and then you will rub...

#19 ·
no, that just means that boring the rim out makes the rim fit on our abnormally large hub...

#21 ·
if you are lowered you should run 215/45 on 17X8 tl wheels. That is what i am running and there is zero rubbing WITHOUT needing to roll your fenders. I am fairly certain you will need to roll the fenders if you go 225 or 235 width tires. not onlythat but imho the 215 on a lowered car looks the best and 225 would look best on a stock height car

#28 ·
TL rims bored out, now center caps?

Well I just got my TL rims bored to 70.2mm. Anybody now know where you can get centercaps? And anyone out there dealing with machine shops be careful. If the guy seems squirrely dont use him. The first guy I went to had my rims for 8 days, gave me the runaround, then left them on the curb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.