Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point when lowering a car do you need to get a camber kit (Ingalls) and adjust the camber? Or does it also depend on what springs you use (I was thinking of using H&R's)

If I wanted to do my suspension in steps. Do you think that I could upgrade to Koni shocks first. Then later do the springs and camber? Am I going to get a lot of performance if I just upgrade the shocks??? Thanks.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
You need to adjust the camber as soon as it falls out of spec. The front is -1 degree, and most agree that simple Eibachs with 1" drop will get to close to the outer edge, but should in most cases still be in spec. However, I think -.5 to -.8 should be the max negetive up front. Rear is allowed up to -1.3 so you have more freedom there.

Yes, you can simply get the Koni shocks and use them with the stock springs. Infact, many people do that, and lower the car .75" using the low setting on the Koni shocks with the stock sptings. I myself have that setup right now as we speak. Other set up I had were Koni shocks on low setting with Eibach springs (which I really liked the ride of), Koni shocks with JDM R-Spec springs, which I really liked the look of, and had only a slightly stiffer ride than the Eibachs, but was way too low. I there was vitually no gap between the fender and tire. Maybe 1/2 finger gap at most. Now, I'm back to the stock springs, but have my Konis on the low setting front and rear, but the rear is too low in comparison (almost as low as my R-Spec in the rear) so I'm moving the rear setting back the the middle perch soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your Coupe ChrisK? Cause if I get them I'll just do it right the first time if you know what setting they should be on in the rear so that it doesn't look to low. Do you have a big system in your trunk. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts