Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of lowering my car, but i have no knowledge of what i have to do to lower it and what i gotta buy to do this lowering, how much does it cost to lower a car and all that parts? thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
OK first thing you have to decide is do you want to have the freedom to adjust your car hight or just have it one hight year round.
- They you have to ask yourself "HOW LOW DO I WANT TO GO".
- Finally ask your self how much of the ride quality are you will to give up.

To drop a LEGEND the RIGHT way you must have a fair bit of $$$ in your pocket so that you do not lose too much of the ride comfort.
The first thing to look out for is to replace your struts/shocks (same difference). The BEST aftermarket struts are the KONI'S Adjustabe struts for our cars (G2's = 1991-1995 sedan or coupe)
The have a ride dampener which lets you adjust the softness of the struts and they also have different perchs at different hights to allow you to place the spring either higher or lower than factory(.25inches) These will probably run you about $500+ for a set for our cars today.

Basically for springs you have to decide if you want them to stay fixed or adjustable (a "coil-over" type) If you go with a spring (fixed) you have 3 main choices.
1. Eibach's- only 1.1 inch drop and pretty stiff, must be used with koni struts or you will notice that your car is not dropped evenly, front much higher than back, but the koni perch fixes that.
2. H&R's - 1.5 inch drop (more like 2 when they settle) and the ride is SWEET!!!. looks good and very even drop with very little ride comfort lost.
3. Suspension Tech. - 1.4 inch drop - I was not please with them for the price, but some people may like them
(all springs range from about $215-$275)

If you want a coil-over type of set-up then you also have 3 choices more or less
1. Weapon-r - CHEAP PRICE, but a bag of crap, universal set-up so the ride comfort sucks and the drop was pretty weak in back they claim 1inch raise down to a 3inch drop(front only, back about 1.5) $250
2. Aerospeed - Same as Weapon-R, but I don't know about the ride hight problem like WR only $125 on Ebay all the time.
3. Ground Control - 1inch raise down to a 3.8 inch drop. Rides like factory with koni's, pretty good other than a cheap urethane rubber used to cap the spring - the spring itself is made by eibach. with koni brackets (needed if you buy these and have koni's as the koni's are smaller than factory struts and you need the extra ring to hold the Ground control coils in place.

I have had the Eibach & H&R springs and also the Weapon-R and Ground Control coils on my car with the koni struts throughout the years looking for the SWEETEST drop with LEGEND RIDE COMFORT so above is my opinion. The best to me would have to be the H&R's, but the only down fall was that they were not adjustable that's why I went with the Ground Controls.

You will also probably need new bump stops (and you have to cut them in half) and bushings if you are going to do it right.

I think I have given you a pretty good outline of things to look for and hope it helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

GOOD LUCK,
Mark

G

·
Ummm, even I have Koni Struts and my right front seems to be higher than my left front :p. It's worth it though for the ride quality and handling that i got out of it. The second the car starts moving I forget that the eibachs are slightly uneven.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Ummm, even I have Koni Struts and my right front seems to be higher than my left front :p. It's worth it though for the ride quality and handling that i got out of it. The second the car starts moving I forget that the eibachs are slightly uneven.
Hey! mine is too!!! how much difference is it for your car? mine is like about a big one finger gap. like... one finger on the left and about one and 1/2 to one and 3/4 on the right side.

G

·
I have like 1 finger gap on the left and like 2 fingers on the right :confused:

Left (driver) and Right (passenger) respectively:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eibach Performance / Lowering Spring Kits for Acura Legend

Best Price that I found on Eibach Springs.........http://www.adventon.com

EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRINGS for 91-95 ACURA LEGEND 2 & 4 DOOR
(-1.1 F -1.0 R)
Price: $207.99 - Set of 4

EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRINGS for 87-90 ACURA LEGEND 2 DOOR
(-1.2 F -1.2 R)
Price: $207.99 - Set of 4

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
hey speeddemon, mine is basically like your's. you think we can correct this problem? i know that ground controls would do the trick, but any other way to fix other than that? perhaps maybe use spring spacers? :confused: any ideas, anyone?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I have like 1 finger gap on the left and like 2 fingers on the right :confused:

Left (driver) and Right (passenger) respectively:
hate to tell you this, but my Eibachs were like that too. They eventually settle, but there is always a noticable difference from one side to the other...and the passenger side was always higher, albeit slight, it was there. For example, at NOPI, I raised my car to clean the wheels off, and from the pics, it would appear they were stockies again :(. They take amoment to settle, so highly suggest the H & R or the GC's

G

·
The problem though is that H&R's are going to be so much lower. I already had problems with my control arm hitting my wheel well and still do if I go over a huge pothole while turning hard. I am pretty sure that if I went with the H&R's that I would have my control arm being a problem all the time. The H&R's = like a 2.25" drop which is a lot for a legend.

My question though about the H&R's is, are they another .5 inch lower than my right wheel or left wheel?!?! Also, are they even for sure? Thanks.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
The problem though is that Ground Controls are going to be so much lower. I already had problems with my control arm hitting my wheel well and still do if I go over a huge pothole while turning hard. I am pretty sure that if I went with the H&R's that I would have my control arm being a problem all the time. The H&R's = like a 2.25" drop which is a lot for a legend.

My question though about the H&R's is, are they another .5 inch lower than my right wheel or left wheel?!?! Also, are they even for sure? Thanks.
I do not share this problem, Aaron.
I do not understand why u do?

G

·
When I said ground controls before I meant to say H&R. Anyways though, I think I have some ideas why your control arm may not hit. Do you have a camber kit? If so, which one?

The camber kit pushes the arm out and plus it gets pushed out more and more that it is corrected.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
When I said ground controls before I meant to say H&R. Anyways though, I think I have some ideas why your control arm may not hit. Do you have a camber kit? If so, which one?

The camber kit pushes the arm out and plus it gets pushed out more and more that it is corrected.
Ok
No, I am getting it soon.
Do you have one?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.