Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
it was my understanding that GC made coilovers at one time for our L's, however I'm not sure if they still make them.

Using them from another car may be easy, may be a pain in the a$$... depends. Only diff may be a brake line support, may be different strut mount size etc. Check all the aspects out first:
Weight, length, diameter, mounting hardware etc.

BTW if you lower your G1 3-4 inches, your sittin on the ground with an undrivable car.

I have the Intrax springs with KYBs and my car is low. Low as in draggin a$$ over pop cans. They advertise 1.75 inch drop, and they are every bit of that after they settle.

The trick set up would be to get air struts and bag your car.
Drive it lifted for suspension, then when you park, use it to dig for potatoes.

Good luck with it.

Ps my 1.75 BARELY kept me within specs on my camber adjustment . Any further would be wearing expensive tires and ride like [email protected] and be a danger on the road. You would have to make your own adj. plates as none are available for our cars.

·
Registered
583 Posts
slammedlegend said:
If you lower it 3" its not on the ground, and you can still drive it, 4 might be pushing it but 3 isnt, lots of people around here drive it that low, and the roads here are ****.
Still waiting for my answer....
My car went 1.7" lower in the front. Look at the photo. Now imagine it 1.3" lower... for a total of "only 3 inches" .
Do YOU want to drive around city streets with your oil pan 1.5" from the ground? Um, I don't. You would have a hard time straddling painted lines in the roads.

The Lesson for Today is: Don't believe every smack talker that has access to post on the net. Ask for actual FACTS (like a photo from someone who has "been there and done that").

buk<stepping off his high horse... or low G1...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Still waitin for that all powerful photographic proof of a G1 with a 4" drop. If you have it installed, take a pic of the oil pan.:giggle:

4" will put your Y pipe as well as your support member on the ground. period. as in not moving at all, dragging all the time.

anxiously waiting pics....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rude little [email protected]
I still don't see any actual PROOF that you lowered your car 4+ inches...

UNTIL you show proof, you are a liar.

In the interest of bandwidth, you want to continue this Pi$$ing contest, just PM me you lying turd.:****: :vomit:

·
Registered
583 Posts
oh yeah, howsit that my 17" wheels (on a "pussy" 1.7" drop) have a higher center point in the body (means car is lower) than your 17" wheels with a "IDRIVEITEVERYWHERE,really" 4.7" drop?

You using the metric system?... duh.

Gotta HATE misleading LIARS. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
583 Posts
oh yeah, heres a pic of the "pussy" drop.
see the scrapes? see the flat spots?
SEE THE TAPE MEASURE?...

Now, THATS proof... liar.:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Man, you sure got me. Your so well spoken.

Hows about these facts:

Your tape pics show your car to be about 1.5" lower than my tape pics.... hmmmm 1.7 + 1.5 = 4.5? (which still makes you a liar):rolleyes:

I'm sure with adjustables, you can lower it down to the ground, but it's obvious that your unable to drive it in the real world like that. (which still makes you a liar):rolleyes:

and to make this short, I'd rather be a jealous, adult, moron, idiot with a pussy 1.7" drop, who lost a pissing contest that I didn't start...
than a liar.

who are you trying to impress here? you know what the truth is.

I have to agree with Esti on the liking your car thing...
Good luck with it, I'm out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
in the middle of house buyin.
then comes SHOP Building.
then the Legend goes into little pieces.

Hood will end up fiberglass and there will be more than one... ;)

followed by trunk lid, interior door panels (for audio).

been jonesin on the idea of a w i d e body kit... :D

lots of ideas, not alot of $ or time yet.

I'll announce the hood hopefully in the late winter/early spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.