Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a '91 Legend sedan that is lowered on rims. The rear rubs on the tires in corners, and when I have passengers. What is the best fix...how hard is it to mildly flare the rear fenders?

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! As for the rubbing I've heard of a technique which is called rolling out the fenders , I my self never done it only heard about it , I'd imagine the fender is rolled outwards giving the tires more room. Before you do anything I would suggest looking more into it! if not replace your springs, and also if you have aftermarket rims make sure you have a 48mm+ offset so that way the rims dont rub.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
u dont need exactly 48 offset just get above a 45 and just put a bat between the tires and fender in the back and pull it out some.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cody, and Golden...thanks for the info. Upon further searching, I found a body shop that taped off the small return area above the tire, and, using a cutoff wheel, they took off a small amount of metal, then sanded it smooth and used touch up paint to cover the bare metal. I much preferred that to the option of rolling, and it only cost me 70 bucks. I now only have minor rubbing when I have a car full of people. The car was lowered with performance springs already. The car is riding on Masitaly 10 spokes, approx 9"wide...(unknown backspacing), with 225/40/zr18 tires (Kumohs).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds Sick like that Willie, Congrats on your new love and get us some pics when u can. Keep it Cali style, Holla!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt, pYmp...just as soon as I can get some taken, I will post.

Cody...I'll try to get some close-ups for you. The way I found these guys, was to call a shop that does lowering, and ask them what thier clients do to get rid of the rub.

I kind of got the 007 treatment...the first guy told me to "call this number, and ask for Don"...and then "Don" told me to call another number and ask for some other guy.

It was kinda odd, but it got me to this shop where the dude obviously had done the same thing before...I think that it took him all of 15 minutes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts