1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
what are you willing to spend?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
My last G1 was lowered with Eibachs. I had the springs cut to achieve the look I wanted. Look at the pics below. I had 17x7's with 215/45 zr's.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I've recently installed the eibachs on my g1 coupe and they leave a big gap in the front. My car came out looking a little uneven- less wheel gap in rears then the fronts.
The drop is only 1.2 inches.

I would get the ground control - which are adjustable but cost around $400.
But do a little more research b/c i remember someone saying that the ride was terrible with the GC's.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Yep, they do leave a nice sized gap, so thats wht I got my "PROFESSIONALLY" cut. It was no real problem. It alligned perfect after the cut, but after my OEM shox started to wear it was drama. I do recommend getting new shox if you lower your G1's anymore that 1.5. Mine was 2.5 in front and 2 in rear. I was ignorant to the facts. Wish I would have know about this forum earlier. I sold the car.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
As for me, I'm on Intrax springs and awaiting KYB's right now. I love the stance. Ride on my dead factory shocks is smooth, but bouncy around uneven surfaces (train tracks, hudge pot holes, etc.). I do have clearence problems (every day at school with out humongoides of speed bumps that only raised trucks can safely pass with no damage). Only thing now is that I have a lot of negitive camber, so as soon as I get the shocks in, I'm taking her in for alignment. On Area 51 day, I'm gonna try and get camber kit made for G1's. This is front only.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Camber kits aren't available for our cars- With the eibach's I was able to get the alignment to spec so i didn't need one.
You will probably need one with the intrax- but it will have to be custom made.
I would get the camber issues resolved before i got the intrax installed or else u will be spending money on tires.

C25A1guy- keep us informed on what u get area-51 to make for our g1's- you theman!!!!

esti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.