Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, no Remus here in Finland, so had to make something else...

Sorry about phone camera pics, i forgot my camera at home.

My muffler was done:

It is some Simmonns muffler for a wv, prev owner had make it.

Allso pipe was quite soft.

Had to take the cat off, so i could cut the nuts from back of the cat.
They were so rusty that nothing else helped.
It was a lot easyer to take the hole thing out, than try to work it under the car

Here are some supplies for the thing...
Material is stainless steel, pipe diameter is 60,3millimeter and wall is 1,8mm.

Starts to get some shape, had to fit it under the car several times.

I used all the original "hanging points" and the rubbers.

All the parts raedy.

I used some aftermarket stainless steel muffler, actually it was the only one that was stainless and big enough inlet, looks little bit silly but it may change some day when i found a real one...
It was quite a challenge to weld those hangers to sides of the muffler because its made of a thin material.

Here are some shots under the car, not so good :-(

And here is the result, sound is low and deep, i like it, i was sure that it get a fartcan sound but not after all nothing like that.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
well done. what kind of shape is that cat in? the rest looks great i'm just concerned about the cat if the rest of the piping was that rusted out.

love to hear a sound clip though.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
not bad! thats pretty much how my exhaust was done, only thing personally i don't like is the one joint thats not welded. i'd rather have a flange then a connection like that, but good work! post some vids of how it sounds with the new stuff!!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Awesome job did you do all the welding yourself? looks very clean. I am going to guess that the clam going to the muffler was incase you got the fart can sound you would not have to cut up your accomplishment :)?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The"cat" was in very good condition, little bit rust but only in those joints, its better than it looks.
Many km`s ahead.
By the way, no animals were hurt in the process... "so i could cut the nuts from back of the cat":rofl:
Those joints are meant to be like that, i can adjust the lining of the pipe by twisting those pipes. Helped a little bit the assembly...
It would be better with flange joint, but that was the reason why i didnt use them.
I welded it my self, last time i had welded stainless steel was about five years ago when i did same thing for my Accord Wagon.
Sound clips are coming, i was a little bit disapointed because that intake sound that comes at 4000 rpm was louder before this setup:confused:
There is some clips from previous setup.

and

·
T The pimp
2,073 Posts
nice job man why you don't buy those OBX universal muffler? or you will have a problem with Euro 3 emission?

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Clean work with the welds! I understand not using flanges to get more adjustability in the setup. What about branded Euro exhausts instead of the non-name (like Borla etc)?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Emissions is not the broblem, car is fom year -93 so the emission "rules" for this car is allso from year -93, it would be impossible to demand this old car to pass the newest emission rules (i think that euro-3 is latest).
Okay, it`s kind a low emission wehicle, because it has a cat, and it has to pass some tests on yearly inspection.
Basicly there is no exhaust system listed for a Legend (Borla, Mufflex,Simmons sport system, Redi etc, only Oem.
Nobody sells OBX here, so if i want OBX, i have to order it somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts